• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
stairpost

The 6 Nations, Wales to win, surely?!

1 hour ago, KevG said:

Ah well it was a decent game of Rugby, even had a bit of handbagging...and it's not that far to Wales :thumbs_up::yes:

And it wasn't a try

Oh it was definitely a try! :angry:

It was a long, cold miserable journey home :(

• Like 2

Sorry I agree with KevG. His hand did not show clear downward pressure on the ball. Having said that, after the match Jonny Wilkinson said that he has seen less contact awarded as a try. But I still agree with KevG. It honestly would not bother me if Wales, Ireland or Scotland won it.:thumbsup:   

On 04/02/2018 at 15:14, scottswatches said:

Agreed.  Post Brexit we can change this - Dad's Army theme is a suggestion :whistle:

(The french could come on to the 'Allo 'Allo theme too)

What about "swords of a thousand men" - Ten Pole Tudor.:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, stairpost said:

Oh it was definitely a try! :angry:

It was a long, cold miserable journey home :(

no control of the ball he was touching it granted but no control. The men did better than the ladies that was a real thumping

Has the rule not changed from "control" to "downward pressure"? The first grounding was by Wales.large.655_F46_A7-067_F-44_FF-_AA3_B-43815761_BA73.png.3378e0f53565c3aac8cebd847f7339ac.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deco said:

Has the rule not changed from "control" to "downward pressure"? The first grounding was by Wales.large.655_F46_A7-067_F-44_FF-_AA3_B-43815761_BA73.png.3378e0f53565c3aac8cebd847f7339ac.png

From that shot even more convinced the decision was right

On 04/02/2018 at 15:14, scottswatches said:

Agreed.  Post Brexit we can change this - Dad's Army theme is a suggestion :whistle:

(The french could come on to the 'Allo 'Allo theme too)

Balamory?

Father Ted?

Dominick the Donkey?

Ifor the Engine?

Good game yesterday whatever the result...

...:yahoo:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AVO said:

Good game yesterday whatever the result...

...:yahoo:

I have to admit to getting my hopes up a bit when Wales went on the attack after getting within a converted try of winning. It got very exciting at the end. 

It's going to take a good Ireland win and a hopeful Ireland defeat for Wales to grab it now though.  

3 hours ago, stairpost said:

Let's not let this get out of hand, let's just all agree it was a try and move on :)

I think this could rumble for a while, but end result England won :thumbs_up:

2 hours ago, stairpost said:

I have to admit to getting my hopes up a bit when Wales went on the attack after getting within a converted try of winning. It got very exciting at the end. 

It's going to take a good Ireland win and a hopeful Ireland defeat for Wales to grab it now though.  

agreed England were on the ropes a bit at the end. Just watched the Scotland game and they looked a lot better than last week in the second half, though Flynns kicking from hand was awful

Edited by KevG

14 minutes ago, stairpost said:

I don't think Ireland would mind beating England, would they? :)

Think it could be a fun match, especially if neither side lose before it, I'm hoping Wales can beat Ireland first. :yes:

Much to happen yet, though a GS decider between two 4/4 teams on Saint Pat's day could be a cracker! 

1 hour ago, KevG said:

Think it could be a fun match, especially if neither side lose before it, I'm hoping Wales can beat Ireland first. :yes:

1 hour ago, AVO said:

Much to happen yet, though a GS decider between two 4/4 teams on Saint Pat's day could be a cracker! 

Yep, if things play out the right way we could be in for a storming end to the tournament! 

The most frustrating thing about the 6 nations (and the autumn internationals), is the bloody rabbits won't stay still long enough for us to put the little Wales kits on them that we bought them.

• Haha 1

Well played Ireland, as for englandshire:laugh::laugh:  pity we didn't have an decent ref when they played Wales!!

Di awn Scotland first class performance :clap::clap:

• Thanks 1

Can't say that I am ecstatic that England lost but it is good to see Scotland back to being a force to be reckoned with. We need really strong competition at home if we are to take on Australia, New Zealand and South Africa in the World Championships although maybe we should compete as team GB.