UK Watch Forum banner

New to the forum

3K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Biker 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought I should introduce myself and my collection.

Me = I live in the Northeast of England and I have been a watch enthusiast for about over about ten years now.....maybe more!

Would love to one day own a Rolex, Omega, the more high-end luxury watches.

My Collection =

Tag Heuer Aquaracer - Automatic, Black Dial, 300 metres

Latest addition to my collection, I really enjoy wearing this watch.

Swiss Army Titanium Alliance

Probably my favourite to wear, as it's super light and very understated with a butterfly clasp.

Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay

This is an awesome watch, and I still get amazed watching the relay system working. These are discontinued now and I think my model is the most aesthetically pleasing as I believe some of the auto relay models were let down by their lack of style (my opinion). I'm really happy I have this as this model is quite rare and hopefully with time it'll have a bit of value to it.

Citizen Eco Drive Minute Repeater - Gold

I wasn't sure about having a gold plated watch, however I really wanted a minute repeater and the one I could afford was CALIBRE 9000, Model : BL900253E. Again you cannot get this model anymore so quite a rare watch with the gold. It just has amazing features.

Hass & Cie Moon Phase

Bought this for pennies purely just because I liked the moon phase, apparently they aren't really Swiss watches but in fact they're made in Asia! Always gets people asking what make it is. However, I probably won't see this one again as I lent it to my cousin to wear at a wedding and he has no intention of giving it back!! (lesson learnt)

Seiko Solar Alarm Chronograph

Bought for me by my lady, great watch with a rotating bezel feature however, it's a bit chunky for my wrist. Still a cracking watch.

Citizen Eco Drive Chrono World Time

I love the the eco drive watches as they are so affordable and have so many options from you to choose from, this was given to me as a gift.

Accurist Greenwich Commemorative Collection Bracelet Gents Watch

I bought this off ebay, part of the Greenwich collection. This watch has some great features but is heavier than I expected but really looks apart as it has a very elegant facia with moon-pahse. Currently needs a battery so need to sent to Accurist as local shops don't have correct tools to open it!!

I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions and any feedback etc. on my collection, cheers.
20180124_154507.jpg%5B
20180124_154511.jpg
20180124_154523.jpg
20180124_154730.jpg
20180124_154738.jpg
20180124_154739.jpg%5B
20180125_123015.jpg%5B
20180125_123017.jpg
20180125_123048.jpg
20180125_123049.jpg

Jay.

See less See more
#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good to have you on board the Forum, dear Jayman78, and thanks for that nice introduction. :)

I too have an Accurist Greenwich Commemoration watch and I am interested also in replacing the battery. You mention that the watch has to be sent back to Accurist for this to be done, but could you just tell me whether the problem is merely in opening the back of the watch, or are special tools required for actually replacing the battery? I have noticed that the screw-down back does use little circular indents for an opening tool, but I have a feeling that one of my my local jewellers may have a tool for opening just such a caseback. Then, hopefully, he can insert a new battery without the expense of sending the watch to Accurist.

#14 ·
Alright Everyone,

@ JimmyNo1, Alwayswatching and Davey P - Thanks fellas, great to be here.

To your question Alwayswatching - I took it to a local watch shop and they told me that it needed a special tool to open back which they didn't have! They never said anything about a special tool to replace the battery??

Tbh I just took their word for it, it may be the case another shop probably could do the job - I really should take it to another shop.

What I might do is message Accurist (service@accurist.co.uk) and ask for them to clarify what is needed for a battery change to these models of Accurist.

Just out of interest which exact model do you have ?

#15 ·
To your question Alwayswatching - I took it to a local watch shop and they told me that it needed a special tool to open back which they didn't have!
Oh Jesus, it wasn't Timpsons, was it? Please say it wasn't Timpsons... :laughing2dw:

Post a clear pic of the case back, and one of our resident experts will tell you what is needed, and how to do it :thumbsup:

#21 ·
@ Davey P, as you suggested pal shall I post the pics of the Accurist case back on this post?

Cheers

Good to have you on board the Forum, dear Jayman78, and thanks for that nice introduction. :)

I too have an Accurist Greenwich Commemoration watch and I am interested also in replacing the battery. You mention that the watch has to be sent back to Accurist for this to be done, but could you just tell me whether the problem is merely in opening the back of the watch, or are special tools required for actually replacing the battery? I have noticed that the screw-down back does use little circular indents for an opening tool, but I have a feeling that one of my my local jewellers may have a tool for opening just such a caseback. Then, hopefully, he can insert a new battery without the expense of sending the watch to Accurist.
This is the reply I got from Accurist afetr I emailed them asking about the cost and whether only they can open the back/change the battery -

'Please send the watch to us at below address in Leicester recorded delivery with a covering letter. the price for a new battery is £35.00 including postage and packing. cheques made payable to T P UK Ltd

Kind regards'

As you can see they didn't answer both questions just the cost part!

#27 ·
I smell marketing BS. There are standard caseback opening tools that can handle indents, and I've got a "sticky ball" that is meant for odd configurations. I expect any reputable watchsmith or jeweler to have one.

No pic of the caseback seen yet, so all bets are off. Post it, already....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.