• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jayman78

New to the forum

1 hour ago, Jayman78 said:

20180201_093449.jpg20180201_093355.jpg

I like that!  :yes:

Edited by Biker

I smell marketing BS. There are standard caseback opening tools that can handle indents, and I’ve got a “sticky ball” that is meant for odd configurations. I expect any reputable watchsmith or jeweler to have one.

No pic of the caseback seen yet, so all bets are off. Post it, already....

Chromejob I took the Accurist to another (Market Cross) jewellers last week as I was off work and guess what? They said the same thing, they could not open the case so then I took it to the watch repair shop in the Shopping centre and the guy there said he didn't have the tool either!!!!

Pics to follow

20180201_093537.jpg
20180201_093551.jpg

does this model have an alarm?  if so the holes on the back (if they are holes) may be to amplify the noise.  I have an old Tissot that did the same trick.

I would think a normal jaxa type tool would still undo the caseback, or the rubber ball as previously mentioned.

FFS, I could take that case back off in under 2 mins. Biker showed the right tool, though I might go for the sticky ball with those holes so far into the caseback. (I’m an amateur, Roy and Simon2 and others are far more knowledgable and experienced than I.)

Hello All,

This is Jayman now JayK - two years later I've re-joined!  This is my second introduction below lol 

Hope everyone that messaged me two years ago is doing well, and has added to their collection of watches.

@Always"watching"  @Chromejob @Biker @Davey P @scottswatches

This is the update on the Accurist Greewich.....

Having recently bought myself a cheap repair kit and I successfully (after some difficulty) removed the back case and changed the battery, getting it to work again! However, the problem is I haven't done something right as the day sub dial is ticking away same as the second hand sub dial!, I'm sure it isn't meant to do that.

I'm obviously putting it back together incorrectly and also the two little white plastic cogs you can see in the pics, I can't remember where they go?! If someone please can talk me through the process it would be massively appreciated or any pointers, advice would be great. Thank you

EsXhID2l.jpg

EsXhID2l.jpg

ygKEfLY.jpg

MdKib9e.jpg

Dear @JayK, may I suggest you contact Simon, the Forum's repair guru and provider of sound advice. He can be contacted by going to the "Watchmaking and Repairs" section of the Forum and using the "Ask Simon" feature. 

21 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear @JayK, may I suggest you contact Simon, the Forum's repair guru and provider of sound advice. He can be contacted by going to the "Watchmaking and Repairs" section of the Forum and using the "Ask Simon" feature. 

Thank you. I will do that.

• Like 1