• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Doolittle

Fortis final flight to oblivion?????

It's not exactly new news and lets hope, as the company have claimed, that they are not folding, but seeking to re-finance. 

Nice watch your Fortis. What's the size of the case? Anyway I like the brand too, I hope they will manage to stay in business.

12 minutes ago, RTM Boy said:

Perhaps Citizen will be interest in adding it to their portfolio alongside Alpina and FredCon?

And the rest too. Mind you, in safe hands. They seem to know what they’re doing. 

Fortis Watches AG have announced new ownership under Jupp Philipp (Entrepreneur) from 1st September 2018.

CEO is Lorenz Aebischer who has worked for Mido, Tissot and Auguste Reymond in the past.

It will be interesting to see how things move forward.

• Like 2

Philipp has been in charge since July. Great brand Fortis, I wish they could get a bit more traction in the UK. They've been in the background since the 1920's and should really have taken off (pardon the pun!) the way Breitling did with their specially designed pilot watches. For some reason, they ended up left behind.

Two of my all time fave watches are the B-42 "Mission to Mars" edition (I love a bit of orange!) and the mental "IQ" (pictured below) by Rolf Sachs.

afrs.jpg

If anyone here has never seen the Sachs special editions, google Fortis Frission, Fortis IQ and Fortis 2pi.  Very, very clever designs.

• Like 2

At least they haven't folded, which is what I was fearing when the news first broke last year.

I just hope they don't suffer the same fate as Glycine seem to be under Invicta ownership.

Gratuitous wrist shot

28886178767_508f842aae_c.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ullevi said:

Fortis Watches AG have announced new ownership under Jupp Philipp (Entrepreneur) from 1st September 2018.

CEO is Lorenz Aebischer who has worked for Mido, Tissot and Auguste Reymond in the past.

It will be interesting to see how things move forward.

Good, let's look forward to something positive.

31 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

At least they haven't folded, which is what I was fearing when the news first broke last year.

I just hope they don't suffer the same fate as Glycine seem to be under Invicta ownership.

Gratuitous wrist shot

28886178767_508f842aae_c.jpg

Oh go then, I'll show you mine then :laughing2dw:

D064A19C-057B-4854-A4FB-E2666C6EF71B.jpeg.7eb3f436308eed51c294fb2798238fe7.jpeg

• Like 4