• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stokesy

M.o.d vintage mechanical fob Watch world war 2 ?

Hello I have a vintage fob watch makers name is m.o.d it is mechanical,has anyone ever heard of this make,I am not sure if it is military issue 

Has it got GSTP on the back, it stands for General Service - Trade Pattern apparently?? 

Ive got my late dads that was given to him when he was demobbed from the RAF,  Christmas 1946.

No it has nothing,it has a see through back ,it is the same size as a nurse fob watch,it has a pin badge type thing so it can just be attached easily to clothing

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

No it has nothing,it has a see through back ,it is the same size as a nurse fob watch,it has a pin badge type thing so it can just be attached easily to clothing

Ahhhhh right, got you now

6 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I wish it was easier to upload a photo on here but I am not very techy 

Ditto, i cant even load pics into the gallery. Some work, some dont. 

I'd love to see the pictures, post the pictures on another watch forum site and let us know which watch forum it is, then we can see them.

Look for the "bbcode" or "forum link" tool on any photo sharing site to copy text that you paste into the editor here. It's really not that hard. Imgur.com makes it super easy. 

If you're really having trouble, ask for help in a new topic in the Photography or Introduce yourself forum sections. Those who keep promoting Postimage should be able to help you. @gimli? :whistle: 

• Haha 1

@Chromejob you say that like it's a bad thing... :(

@Stokesy, to post pictures here on the forum you have to use the HOTLINK FOR FORUMS code.

When you're uploading multiple pictures you'll press the circled button and then paste it here.

Screenshot-2018-2-12_Album_Postimage_org

• Thanks 1

Not a bad thing. We just don't have a forum sticky dedicated to using that site (or do we?) and so some users may be lost when we suggest they use it, but not HOW to use it. Maybe we need to update @Krispy's sticky posts about attaching images.