• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Memorable Motorcycles

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what happened to mine on a fateful morning in March 2011, I didn't wake up until May you can just see my legs bottom right.

I had all three models of Bonneville. Oil in the tank, oil in the frame, and oil on the road. 

Not my bike but my dads who is 79 years young and still rides his mint triumph 21 aka bath tub 

Posted Images

On 05/02/2021 at 15:10, Biker said:

Ooh I like that.

Of all the bikes I've had, this has been my favourite, hands down.

Reliable, robust and mechanically basic enough to be easily looked after.

See the source image

This was my first BIG bike experience when my VT went in for a service, they loaned me one of these for the two days mine was away.

I was so shocked at how rapidly it moved and accelerated in top gear, it really open my eyes up to speed and its addiction. I'd only ever ridden a 125 for the test and then the 500 for a few weeks.

Now my VFR is fast enough for me, although I am thinking of changing it over for something more adventure styled, like the Honda NC500X or CB700X more upright riding position with a little less BHP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/05/2019 at 23:32, Stan said:

I loved my MZ TS 150 and TS 250 Supa 5. Great bikes, old school but easily improved.

I  wish I had a "mint" one, even decades on.

There is something that the British like about honest, simplistic motorcycles it seems. Just my observation.:wink:

I had one of them; wide bars/extended cables made it a cracking city speedway bike

£25 I think it was

Here's a friends Diesel MZ. Yanmar motor and CVT instead of a gearbox so it's twist and go. 200mpg plus on a gallon, and perfect for the daily commute.

I still regret selling my vanvan, would have been ideal down here :biggrin: The pic isn't my one but the colours were the same. I did move up-to a bigger bike as was "the way" but it's this little 125 which is my favourite. I made sure I carried forward my full bike license when it was swapped for a Spanish one. 

vanvan_125_blue_rear34_facing_left

Donn't make them anymore

• Like 1
On 30/03/2021 at 13:15, WRENCH said:

Here's a friends Diesel MZ. Yanmar motor and CVT instead of a gearbox so it's twist and go. 200mpg plus on a gallon, and perfect for the daily commute.

I remember having a chat with him (or someone with the exact same bike) in Edinburgh once. Fab bit of kit.

4 hours ago, Fitz666 said:

I remember having a chat with him (or someone with the exact same bike) in Edinburgh once. Fab bit of kit.

That'll be the one. Started off in the pub, as most good ideas do, and the constantly variable transmission makes it useable in every day urban traffic.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, WRENCH said:

the constantly variable transmission makes it useable in every day urban traffic.

Back in the day one of the boys had an automatic Honda Dream. 

Honda%20CB400A%20%203.jpg

I'm not sure if they were very popular, I don't really remember seeing many around. 

:)

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Back in the day one of the boys had an automatic Honda Dream. 

Honda%20CB400A%20%203.jpg

I'm not sure if they were very popular, I don't really remember seeing many around. 

Two speed with a power draining torque converter.

Apparently when they were current no dealer wanted them, and if someone came in and ordered one, then Honda "stuffed" you with two, which meant the second one either sat in the showroom indefinitely , or it got "given away". They're collectable now. Guzzi did the Convert, which usually sold cheap second-hand, auto box then removed, and manual with clutch fitted. Same two speed set up.

1982-moto-guzzi-v1000-nt-95899-94.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Two speed with a power draining torque converter.

Apparently when they were current no dealer wanted them, and if someone came in and ordered one, then Honda "stuffed" you with two, which meant the second one either sat in the showroom indefinitely , or it got "given away". They're collectable now. Guzzi did the Convert, which usually sold cheap second-hand, auto box then removed, and manual with clutch fitted. Same two speed set up.

1982-moto-guzzi-v1000-nt-95899-94.jpg

Interesting that they had a torque converter. Back in the day I had an old 60's Pontiac Firebird with a two speed power glide auto box and a trick for the drag racers was to ditch the torque converter and rig up a clutch pedal and servo plumed to the high pressure valve in the gearbox. 

Foot on the clutch so no pressure and no drive just like a manual gearbox. Rev the engine, pop the "clutch" and off you went. It still changed automatically into second, saved weight and was better than an undrivable really high stall racing converter. 

• Like 1
On 31/03/2021 at 15:23, wrenny1969 said:

I still regret selling my vanvan, would have been ideal down here :biggrin: The pic isn't my one but the colours were the same. I did move up-to a bigger bike as was "the way" but it's this little 125 which is my favourite. I made sure I carried forward my full bike license when it was swapped for a Spanish one. 

vanvan_125_blue_rear34_facing_left

Donn't make them anymore

A mate of mine has 3 bikes, one of them is the Vanvan and it's his favourite!

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Biker said:

It was so long since I have seen one of those RS' I had to read the description before I recognised it.

Just bookmarked both sites :thumbsup:  Cheers B

Back in the day I had one, I think I paid around £1200 for it !!! 

Like a lot of things these days crazy money now. 

• Like 1
On 11/04/2021 at 17:56, BondandBigM said:

Back in the day I had one, I think I paid around £1200 for it !!! 

Like a lot of things these days crazy money now. 

As seen on that website....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

What great photo 

Cheers fella when I worked at a dealership triumph done a calendar shoot and I got the man in the calendar with the pics , he was made up , thanks for the comment