• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Craftycockney

Watches Anonymous

Hi! I am Crafty and I am watchaholic. I have been purchase free for 38 days now, since my withdrawal I feel a sense emptiness, anxiety and my bank balance has tipped towards the black. My credit card company keeps sending me seductively tempting offers to lure me back into the seedy world of watch buying but to date I have resisted. Thank you for listening....:huh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

Hi! I am Crafty and I am watchaholic. I have been purchase free for 38 days now, since my withdrawal I feel a sense emptiness, anxiety and my bank balance has tipped towards the black. My credit card company keeps sending me seductively tempting offers to lure me back into the seedy world of watch buying but to date I have resisted. Thank you for listening....:huh:

praise be the lord for delivering our brother from temptation,:laugh:

deano

• Haha 5

There is a WISA meeting near you every Saturday.

Catalogues from the watch high end salons are available for perusal complete with price lists and also special WISA discounts.

You are cordially invited to attend to listen and maybe contribute to the members sense of deprivation ,sense of expectation ,and ultimate sense of disillusionment at watch purchases 

There are, following the meetings ,special sessions to incorporate costs of watch insurance, watch servicing,postage theft ,import taxation and even watch storage.

Each member is encouraged to bring one working watch to the meeting which is placed in a brown paper bag  and then collected together and everyone makes a draw from the bag container.

being responsible planet conscious WISA members, watch boxes and packaging are disposed of in an environmentally green way,and letters sent to those Watch companies that are deemed to have created too much waste. Of course by return you will receive even more catalogues which are placed in the WISA library.

so...my watchaholic friend by being amongst fellow WISA s  you will have your need for fulfilment satisfied at absolute minimum cost.

good luck:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

*Ahem*

My name is Buster and I have had a lifelong addiction to watches, if anyone out there knows of a cure....

DON'T TELL ME!

er... Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oscar Wilde famously said that he could "resist everything except temptation".  He must have had alot of pocket watches :biggrin:, probably a useful tradeable commodity in jail :huh:.  There are also dangers trying to stop someone doing the thing they love...:laugh:

Personally, I suffer from a disorder known as W-PACRAF (Watch Purchase And Consequential RApid Flipping).  It's a very expensive habit :laughing2dw:

Edited by RTM Boy

Just fell off the wagon for a £9.99 Burei. Onwards and upwards, must behave. Thank God I'm having better success with my diet but the better half is monitoring that.

• Haha 1

I try, and try, and try, but, oh dear there it goes again - my will power destroyed. Just had to buy a rather nice automatic Poljot dress watch in great nick and with PLENTY of jewels in the movement. That means I am £25 down, AGAIN.

Oh my, I've just sold a boxed silver fish server set to my favourite local jeweller, so I am back in business.

When will this rollercoaster ever completely cease - not in my lifetime, I suspect.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

It has been nearly two months since I last bought a watch, I think I might just be able to see a time when I can get this whole watch collecting thing under control sweatdrop.gif.1565df6f177187185d4d0b0872734ac3.gif

I often ask myself, are we normal and the rest of society are just odd ? 

eBay even have a "watch list" so I suppose we are being recognised. 

Edited by The Minute

I haven't bought or sold a watch in just over a year.  Having to keep a tight hold on finances has helped but funnily enough I don't often see watches I would like to buy.  Perhaps I'm coming to the end of the addiction after several decades.  Or have I just owned enough watches to satisfy a long felt curiosity? 

1 hour ago, fredwastell said:

I last bought a G-Shock as I had a gap in my list. My only purchase this year and my last.....probably.

I last bought a G-Shock... because it was there. It's the only watch I've bought today:thumbsup: ..so far.

G23yr.md.jpg