• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RWP

Explains some Parnis complaints. Bear with it please.

OK I know there's too much about Parnis  but after the other thread i read their web site from top to bottom.

According to them watches come in two Grades, supplied by Parnis which are regulated, lubricated and with Ceramic and Sapphire if it states so.

The other grade are UNlubricated unspecified movements with mineral glass, supplied to retailers who are supposed to lubricate and regulate, which I bet they don't.  I was quoted 30 quid to lubricate one of these Parnises, not such a bargain after that.  Meanwhile I have one usable and one I can't use because it isn't lubricated.

A very odd distribution system, and if true the reason why their watches are so variable in quality.

TA daaaaaaaa :whistle:

Edited by RWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

yep , thats pretty much it.... Some are "premium" ( i.e. the sapphire ones ) and others are from the parts-bin outlets... Basically, despite what the watch claims to be , if it did not come from Parnis.org direct , or a HK B&M , its not Sapphire.... and its basically just scrap waiting to happen.... So yes , perfect summary my dear fello.....

Well as someone who buys these things I will do my best not to get the unlubricated unregulated stuff.  God knows what they think it does for an already dodgy rep. 

Most interesting. Here's another theory. Parnis backwards is "Sinrap" someone wearing a "Sinrap" could be referred to as a "Sinraptor". (Bear with me).

Sinraptor is a genus of theropod dinosaur from the Late Jurassic. The name Sinraptor comes from the Latin prefix "Sino", meaning Chinese, and "Raptor" meaning thief. 

Got that. :laughing2dw:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OK so Parnis is the BIG supplier of branded real and unbranded whatever you want to call it watches.   None of this is new but the plethora of posts betrays an innocence of reality.   

So in simple terms,  what is the thing about Parnis that gets us all so wound up and why are there still Swiss mechanical watch manufacturers after the quartz movenent has been reduced to sub cost levels? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ong said:

So in simple terms,  what is the thing about Parnis that gets us all so wound up and why are there still Swiss mechanical watch manufacturers after the quartz movenent has been reduced to sub cost levels? 

That I do not know. The market is saturated with mechanical homage watches at varying costs. Some are well received, congratulations and back slapping given when the proud new owner shows them off, and others get a severe slagging. I can think of one Seiko homage worshipped by the "fanboys". O & W divers are/were, well received so what makes them different ? From my own personal experience, cheap Japanese auto watches longevity, without any attention surpasses anything Swiss I've owned, and the economics dictates, throw them in the bin when they stop. As far as value for money goes, this is probably my best recent buy.

large.IMG_20170725_104004.jpg.e4972f83e5964024060d4cf01edb538d.jpg

The dealer couldn't shift them so they were getting punted for less than half retail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And yet another Parnis thread for the haters if this product to get their teeth into. Simple, buy the watch from mywatchcode, and you will get what it says on the description. Let's not forget your not paying thousands of pounds for these watches, your normally paying under £100. For that your getting sapphire, 316L stainless case, normally a decent strap, a good movement, and always finished well. When you buy a Parnis your buying a watch with a small mark up, unlike other brands. Your also buying a watch with low manufacturing costs. The same watch in Japan with the same spec  would no doubt cost ten times as much. If you don't like or agree with homage watches, that's fine, but most of my collection are at these price points, and I have found nothing to compare with them.

Edited by The Minute
  • Like 2