• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RWP

What have you given away ( watches).

As a matter of interest and to sort out the charitable souls :whistle: what's the best you've GIVEN away and how do you feel about it now?

For me.....my Fathers Omega hand wind 1965.  In a fit of filial affection I gave it to my Brother :whistle:.  I am happy he has it, I am sometimes unhappy I don't.

A Seiko Land shark, but I got another, still wonder what came over me.

On the upside @WRENCH really gave me a steal of a forum deal on a Swiss Rotary Supermatic.......really really thanks.

Oh and I gave away a quartz  Les Originales.......but I see it occasionally and it has made the recipient happier than it made me :thumbsup:

Tales of good deeds, satisfaction, and maybe a twinge of remorse anyone?

Cheers :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nothing as yet BUT, there just might be one in the offing sometime next week - weather and light permitting. No promises though.

Edited by DJH584
  • Like 2

I've started to filter a few of my watches down to my son. He has quite a healthy little collection of his own going on (he is only 15). I feel he has enough of an interest to warrant giving them to him. He will end up with mine in the end anyway.:)

• Like 2

Well, I have given away a few to friends over the years and to some forum members, and I've received a few in return, for which I am truly great full, as they are most definitely keepers. Most appreciated when someone sends something without warning that a bit of thought has gone into.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

I had a Citizen 67-9020 Chronograph that I have to a friend who really liked it. At the time I didn't wear it much and he had a big birthday. But my watch box looked so empty without it that last year I bought myself a nearly identical one. I must be the most fickle minded collector out there...

I still sometimes miss my old one because the day/date display was in Japanese which I thought was very cool (even though I don't speak Japanese). 

Here's a photo of my current one:

20180210_224521.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noob101 said:

I had a Citizen 67-9020 Chronograph that I have to a friend who really liked it. At the time I didn't wear it much and he had a big birthday. But my watch box looked so empty without it that last year I bought myself a nearly identical one. I must be the most fickle minded collector out there...

I still sometimes miss my old one because the day/date display was in Japanese which I thought was very cool (even though I don't speak Japanese). 

20180210_224521.jpg

That's a nice watch, and unusual too. I've never seen one like that before.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

All sorts of goodies over the years... mainly seiko and pulsar. I've auctioned a few bits for the forum and given some decent secret Santa's. Most of my latest freebies have been display material... old watch stands, advertising etc. I love having it, I just dont have room for it!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Noob101 said:

20180210_224521.jpg

Have you got another one like it you want to give away?.........:whistling:

• Like 1

A vintage gold Omega to one daughter and a Longines to the other, although they kind of just took them rather than me giving them to them!! They are now asking if I have any for their boyfriends!! I'm just glad that they are being worn though and both girls appreciate them.

• Like 1

I have been fortunate to win a few watches in competitions. In general I have passed these on via competitions or charity auctions. Similar thing with some watches I bought early on, cheaply, to see if I liked them.  I have also given one or 2 to charity shops.  Having said that, whatever I have given away or put into a competition or charity auction had little interest for me anyway and would have been sold on cheaply.  I am now pretty much out of watches of that type.   I’m not about to start giving away my favourite watches any time soon. 

I guess people putting watches up for charity auctions, giveaways, competitions and so on are probably also doing so with the less valued parts of their collection. Perhaps that is a jaded view and I apologise if it doesn’t apply to you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RSR934 said:

That's a nice watch, and unusual too. I've never seen one like that before.:thumbsup:

Known as a 'Bullhead', Paul.....Seiko, Citizen and several other manufacturers made them, mainly back in the 70s. There are lots on ebay, but sadly, a lot of them are frankens with redials.

• Like 1

Omega seamaster quartz, omega beads of rice bracelet, omega smp bracelet, parnis, parnis, parnis, alpha, alpha, alpha, accurist, hamilton, bulova hack, casio digi, a load of old shirts, coats, jeans, a battery charger, 3 pairs of new underpants, a tie, a box of eggs, some makison stout, some funny flavoured crisps, wages for falk who sit about and talk all day and do nowt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A couple of watches, a watch case and a double watch winder.

One watch and the case were as per the rites here, for reaching x posts and I was more than happy to join in.

A somewhat battered Tag F1 as a forum fund raiser which someone (forgotten who, sorry) kindly paid over £200 for! :thumbsup:

And the watch winder to one of Pams younger colleagues from her old office here who was just getting into watches and had a couple of cheaper autos. Never been wai'd so much in my life! :huh:

• Like 1

On the forum the best was an Aramar but I forget which model.

My youngest son now has a Zenith, a Tag and some Seiko ones and will get the rest one day as the others are not interested in watches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Known as a 'Bullhead', Paul.....Seiko, Citizen and several other manufacturers made them, mainly back in the 70s. There are lots on ebay, but sadly, a lot of them are frankens with redials.

Seiko currently have a Prospex 'Bullhead'....though it only seems to be available in Europe. Called the  Seiko Prospex GPS Solar Landmaster, it's around the 2,500€ mark...

Image result for Seiko Prospex GPS Solar Landmaster "Bullhead" Herren Quarz,Solar,GPS

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hi Roger the Dodger.

Thanks for that. I going to do a bit of looking up on these watches. I've got a lot to get through with the Seiko's we spoke about earlier. 

Thanks. Paul. 

9 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Seiko currently have a Prospex 'Bullhead'....though it only seems to be available in Europe. Called the  Seiko Prospex GPS Solar Landmaster, it's around the 2,500€ mark...

Image result for Seiko Prospex GPS Solar Landmaster "Bullhead" Herren Quarz,Solar,GPS

Hi. I've seen some of the land masters before. I personally prefer the earlier models which are still expensive if you can get one.  

• Like 1