• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

Best non watch purchases of the past 12 months

On 2/15/2018 at 13:13, Steve D UK said:

Yep. Here’s all you use when you make your own bread in a breadmaker. It’s important to put the dried yeast in first, then flour, then water especially if you are doing it on a timer - you don’t want the yeast to get wet before the ingredients are mixed. 

FA1_BF6_DB-902_C-45_B0-9168-_B680_B8_A42

The model I have has a separate yeast dropper, keeping the Yeast dry until the optimum time.  It also has a seed dropper so they don't all end up at the bottom of the loaf.

And the Eve mattress is like a rock.  Two bad nights sleep so far, one more and they can take it back!

I’m going to add this, although it’s four purchases in one. I do love Hi-Fi but listening time is limited to late night, so I bought a little headphone system. 

Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC

Audioquest Jitterbug

Beresford Capella headphone amplifier

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones 

a sublime combination, perfectly balanced, weighty yet light on its feet, supremely detailed but not fatiguing, musical but even. With an Audioquest interconnect and Apple Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.0 converter, it cost around £600. 

Bo2aGIg.jpg

7EXWYft.jpg

qLronGo.jpg

I built a little stand for it too. :) 

OheA6E2.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight said:

SWEET...!    :thumbs_up:

Cheers man. I went to the local ‘discount and garden stuff’ shop, know as Cherry Lane. It consists of a couple of little hinged wooden boxes (dismantled) and three wooden placemats. Not really Hi-Fi but it means I can carry it around the house. This and my 2017 MacBook Pro is all I need for mega toons! :laugh:

Edited by Filterlab
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 23:12, Teg62x said:

I have the HW100T, fantastic bit of kit. :thumbsup:

Got permission to shoot on and around the farm, so me and the pup are usually up and about on my days off, pigeon mostly but occasionally get some greys.

I have a Venom tuned and blued HW35 that was on a very plain walnut export stock, Bought this Luxus stock off Facebook, It was advertised as simply 'A HW35 stock', I could make out the flat bottom and no finger grooves along with the raised comb from the fuzzy pic, I was amazed at the grain on it when it arrived!!, It was just £40 posted!!

5LBTLIg.jpg

YBvqgJg.jpg

John :)

• Like 2

A Hasselbald 500 ELM with 50mm Distagon, 80mm Planar and 150mm Sonnar lenses

I've wanted one for 40 years and this year I realised that tempus fugit..

Oh, and a pair of BSA Ultras, a Webley Mk3, and a Brocock. I needed them.

Edited by chris l

Any purchase that involves cake or bread is worthy of my money.  The bread maker is good and an honourable thing, but a cheeky trip to Greggs does it for me. Its sad I know but my life is always happy after a belgian bun.

8 minutes ago, Sometimes its Gus said:

Any purchase that involves cake or bread is worthy of my money.  The bread maker is good and an honourable thing, but a cheeky trip to Greggs does it for me. Its sad I know but my life is always happy after a belgian bun.

If we're including food I'll have to mention the cheese i ate once I'd done veganuary

Blue Stilton and Shropshire mmmmmmmm

On 2/14/2018 at 08:40, scottswatches said:

So what have you bought that has made a small but nice addition to your life?

SSL21875

:thumbs_up:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/15/2018 at 12:06, Biker said:

item_XL_11959356_17858701.jpg

Is that a mavic or spark? I bought a phantom 3 std before Christmas. Have you had much airtime, I'd be interested in seeing any video/ photos you've created :thumbsup:

I do a little bit of diversification, despite the 710 opinion that all my money goes on watches :biggrin: and the fact I don't favour gold on watches I do like a bit of golden shimmer on theses :biggrin:

deano

7MPFGfA.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Is that a mavic or spark? I bought a phantom 3 std before Christmas. Have you had much airtime, I'd be interested in seeing any video/ photos you've created :thumbsup:

It is the Mavic Pro, I have taken loads of footage but only put one together so far, actually one of my first flights..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker said:

It is the Mavic Pro, I have taken loads of footage but only put one together so far, actually one of my first flights..

nice, which editing software do you use? 

Google did it on my phone for me, I had saved one of the files to the phone as well as the drone and this was created for me.

This was filmed using a cheapo Chinese 'go-pro' type of camera ( I have also dived with it). It was edited using MS movie maker, however, youtube ripped the music straight out of it.  B4st4rds

Edited by Biker
  • Like 2

A mint Yashica-Mat EM with case and papers, almost time to discover if I can still take real photographs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bridgeman said:

@JoT do you do your own D and P?

I used to once upon a time but haven't since 1986 when I started my travels, I have a bag full of filters somewhere that will have to do :biggrin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andy300 said:

My little rodent botherer was a good buy living in the stix :thumbsup:

20170423_175600_zpsyswzmy1b.jpg

Very nice mate, is that an R10?

6 hours ago, JoT said:

A mint Yashica-Mat EM with case and papers, almost time to discover if I can still take real photographs

DSC04868.JPG

That looks in outstanding condition, the Selenium meter looks wonderful!:biggrin:

I started out in medium format with a Lubitel 166, progressed to a Minolta Autocord and thence to a Bronica ETRS.

I still use a Leningrad 7 light meter to evaluate the output of LED light bulbs, it doesn't need to be accurate, just consistent.

Which it always seems to have been.:wink:

• Like 1