• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ovdwatches

Introducing - Titanic X inspired by wreck seeker

I don't like the exposed date ring nor do I see the point of having two chapter rings given that they are both fixed, makes the watch too busy as others have mentioned. I do like the concept though but not as currently executed

Lots of good advice.

This is a personal view, but...

Things I like:

- case shape

- lume colour

- the crystal

- caseback

- lugs

Things I would change

- if you persist with two chapter rings, make one of them rotate & be a super-compressor style inner bezel

- lose the X, or replace with a white star

- give it some WR- I'd like to see it as a dive watch, given the link to the ship

- put it on a really nice sailcloth strap, leather is not good for divers

- think about your branding. If you plan on making additional watches, then you need to consider it Titanic is your manufacturer name (like Rolex), or the watch name (ie Submariner)

- get some engraving on the movement. The rusty rotor is nice, but the rest of it is grey and dull.

Nice watch, though. Hope that's helpful!

For reference, I am quite traditional, like divers and chronos, nothing too fancy or bling. My ideal watch case would contain a 16600 SD, a Speedy co-axial and a SuperOcean. My ultimate watch is a Nautilus 5711..

Lots of good advice.

This is a personal view, but...

Things I like:

- case shape

- lume colour

- the crystal

- caseback

- lugs

Things I would change

- if you persist with two chapter rings, make one of them rotate & be a super-compressor style inner bezel

- lose the X, or replace with a white star

- give it some WR- I'd like to see it as a dive watch, given the link to the ship

- put it on a really nice sailcloth strap, leather is not good for divers

- think about your branding. If you plan on making additional watches, then you need to consider it Titanic is your manufacturer name (like Rolex), or the watch name (ie Submariner)

- get some engraving on the movement. The rusty rotor is nice, but the rest of it is grey and dull.

Nice watch, though. Hope that's helpful!

For reference, I am quite traditional, like divers and chronos, nothing too fancy or bling. My ideal watch case would contain a 16600 SD, a Speedy co-axial and a SuperOcean. My ultimate watch is a Nautilus 5711..

Great watch! I like the dial, reminds me a bit on the longines legend diver, case being "cushion" which always appeals to me. Great combination!  How will you distribute it?  How will you build up the brand?

Cheers!