• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
fv43576

My Slava date has stopped!

My Slava 27 Jewel with blue face dial (Same type on Sekonda) I had it since in 1994. The day is work fine, the movement works fine but the date has stopped! When I press on side the date number are moveable but it is stuck on between 2nd and 3rd it won't go forward numbers. I am heartbreak this was a gift from my friend long time ago.

I just hope it can be repair???? I have never had a watch fault in my lifetime so this is the first fault, any recommend best shop watch service? I have spoke to chap who loves collect USSR watches said the cheapest and the best shop is in Porthmadog, Wales shop called "Dafydd Ellis" it can be send a special delivery to there and back. what you think? I am from Colchester, Essex

This is the same example watch as my. https://www.tradera.com/item/190307/302772895/rysk-klocka-slava-automatic

Regards

Fab

Hi, I have look your workshop address it is bit a far away, I don't have the time at moment, but I have one week off work at the end of this month, I will pop up at your shop, also I have post you before about my Smith Enfield alarm as stopped work which need to repair.

See you then.

Best Regards

Fab.

This is kind of a "standard" problem with these Slava movements, over time they only get asked to move 5 or six times every twleve months (when months with 30 days or 28 days come around) and they can get stiff and stick or the button won't go far enough to complete the changeover. It's usually not a difficult fix, Simon the Sorter is your man if he is near you, just like Bob the Builder! :yes:

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 19:49, fv43576 said:

Hi, I have look your workshop address it is bit a far away,

Royal mail special delivery is about £8. :yes:

• Like 1

I've got one of these Sekonda branded Slavas that had a stuck date wheel, I sent it to a Ukrainian guy who sometimes advertises watch servicing on ebay. I think the total cost of sending returning and repair cost under £40, came back working and cleaned up a bit. I was very happy, got his info if anyone wants to risk a punt.

BTW it's a very good looking watch with an interesting twin mainspring movement.

This problem comes from lack of maintainance and as for the date change button, lack of use. As mentioned above. I would assume the watch hasn't been serviced for a long time and is generally in need of a bit of attention. £45 should cover the cost of servicing+parts ( doubt if any will be needed, but can't be sure until I've had a chance to inspect it) also the cost of return postage. Hope this helps.