• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Rare Watches

My "rare" watch is an ladies Omega Seamaster 120 from about 1968 - I have never seen another one and neither has my other half, I will ask him to take a pic of it tomorrow

Search "Rare Watch" on eBay and you'll find there are hundreds! All the sellers seem to think their offerings are rare!

2 hours ago, lewjamben said:

Search "Rare Watch" on eBay and you'll find there are hundreds! All the sellers seem to think their offerings are rare!

I was asking members what they had, not e bay.  By that rationale why visit any watch forum when there is e bay? :whistle:

On 14/03/2018 at 09:02, themysterybidder said:

No Timex here, sorry! 

I would say this one as I haven't seen another where the flower moves around instead of a second hand ticking.  :king:

zLQnVYd.png

Also, this Swordfish, free from Currys with a Mini Disc player in the late 1990s IIRC.  Only had one battery change and still working perfectly.  :king:

s96kM5t.png

This Pepsi too.

gfEII9N.jpg

I have the Swordfish watch. Do you have the setting instructions please? Would be v grateful if you could advise how to set. Watch working fine after battery replaced but person who did/me don't know!

One of my rarest :

large.MVIMG_20180718_072433_crop_604x604.jpg.da800264b3a8e2de1225010634a4b403.jpg

To the very observant Omega WIS, it would appear to be a case from a tuning fork model with the dial from an automatic Seamaster. What lurks inside is actually far rarer than either of the mismatched external components.

This watch houses an Omega prototype quartz movement from 1975. It runs a 4.19 MHz oscillator and was given the designation of cal. 1522 (though, again, the particularly attentive Omega WIS will know that that calibre number was later reused for another movement after this extraordinary attempt at the ultimate high accuracy watch failed to make it into regular production).

In the end, only two of these prototypes were made. That's just about as rare as anything I have ever owned.

Edited by Tom-HK
  • Like 6