• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Higuchi shipping & handling question re Sumo

james brodie

Have read good things about purchasing from Higuchi on here: I'm taking the plunge to buy the black Seiko Sumo. After shopping around I sent Higuchi an email enquiring about the cost and they got straight back saying it's 460USD, including S & H, which they can arrange via Paypal; this works out at £327 which is by far and away best deal (Skywatches don't sell Prospex to Europe and incredibly Creation can't compete at this price) but can this involve further costs as it's coming from Japan? I have found the same watch on e-bay from a Spanish supplier at £370 all-in and wonder whether that would be safer option? Cheers lads

From Japan you should factor in 20% VAT c£65 plus a handling fee of maybe £15 depending on how it is shipped. Often with a courier company the shipping price includes clearing through customs but if it is sent via the postal system the Royal Mail would charge.

I have never bought from Higuchi  but if they declare the watch correctly then you will most likely pay extra on import - Creation used to mark watches as `measuring instruments' and they mostly slipped through customs but that may also have changed now.

Choice really would be between a guaranteed £370 from Spain or between £327 and about £407 from Japan. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the advice lads! :)

Found another charging just £355 fully inclusive via e-bay. They are CITIWIDE and imply they're based in Ireland but judging by delivery time, mi-April, I'm sure they're Eastern based and getting around system. Whatever, as it's saying there's no further charges in Europe, that now looks best deal!

1 hour ago, james brodie said:

Found another charging just £355 fully inclusive via e-bay. They are CITIWIDE and imply they're based in Ireland but judging by delivery time, mi-April, I'm sure they're Eastern based and getting around system. Whatever, as it's saying there's no further charges in Europe, that now looks best deal!

There have been a couple of threads over on Watchseek about the company and generally feedback was good.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, james brodie said:

I've brought a black and a blue Sumo of these guys good service good communication and delivered in 5 to 6 working days . Imo the black one is the nicer looking watch but the blue isn't far behind

• Thanks 1