• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
levon2807

Diving/Sub-Sea Company Promotional/Gift Diver's watch

So, I've found a heavy 21 jewel Miyota diving watch which has two diving company names on the dial, the name of a ship/expedition and the divers name with serial number (no 137) on the rear.

I guess a Miyota 21 jewel is £40-80 but does the "proveance" add alot more? I'm deciding whether to clean it up and service it...

• Like 1

I would say not in this case. If it was a military watch, yes... If it was a Rolex, again, yes. :)

Is the company/companies historic in any way ? Have they participated on important operations ?

Edited by gimli

Thanks gimli,

The companies are not historic, just involved in oil and gas production. I guess in 100 years the watch might be interesting!

I have this one which is something to do with oil and gas exploration, the ship is called the GSF Exporer although rumoured to have been involved in the search for a sunken Russian submarine, interesting but thats it.

A9uWqel.jpg

1 hour ago, levon2807 said:

Hs5OjlI.jpg

Here's the offending watch :)

It's a nice looking watch, l would get it cleaned up and keep it, if it were mine that is. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, levon2807 said:

That's rather nice, something you wouldn't see around too often so I'd definitely get it serviced. If you sold it you should get a decentish price amongst those who collect divers watches.. :)

I like it, Clean it and service it.   DSV stands for Deep Submergence Vehicle

Edited by Biker

That's a nice watch right there and as others have said it's worth getting it fixed up... Some such watches that were issued or gifted by companies are actually of solid quality and this one definitely is as well.

@Teg62x don't sell it for £80 whatever you do!! This looks like it is based on a Marathon Search & Rescue Medium Diver's which sell north of $1000 new, perhaps a dive watch expert might know?

4 hours ago, Biker said:

I like it, Clean it and service it.   DSV stands for Deep Submergence Vehicle

The Alliance is a Diving Support Vessel . A big one.

59 minutes ago, JoT said:

@Teg62x don't sell it for £80 whatever you do!! This looks like it is based on a Marathon Search & Rescue Medium Diver's which sell north of $1000 new, perhaps a dive watch expert might know?

I think you mean @levon2807 .... 

20 hours ago, levon2807 said:

So, I've found a heavy 21 jewel Miyota diving watch which has two diving company names on the dial, the name of a ship/expedition and the divers name with serial number (no 137) on the rear.

I guess a Miyota 21 jewel is £40-80 but does the "proveance" add alot more? I'm deciding whether to clean it up and service it...

10 hours ago, levon2807 said:

Hs5OjlI.jpg

^ :yes: a very very nice watch. Looks like tritium markers? 

• Like 1

Nice looking watch and it may well be come from a decent manufacturer but there are literally hundreds of these boat for hire floating about around the world from various companies so I doubt it will add and value to it. 

I've been on this one back in the day. 

02-Gallery_Lorelay_2006-b-1600x1200.jpg

And despite the blurb about en suit rooms they are no five star hotel. 

:laugh: :laugh:

2 hours ago, Chromejob said:

I think you mean @levon2807 .... 

^ :yes: a very very nice watch. Looks like tritium markers? 

I think so yep, not as bright as my IWC though!

3 hours ago, JoT said:

I thought it looked high end but then saw the Miyota movement...

4 minutes ago, levon2807 said:

I think so yep, not as bright as my IWC though!

I thought it looked high end but then saw the Miyota movement...

I missed that, perils of browsing on your phone!

• Like 1

On 22/03/2018 at 18:23, Mart said:

The Alliance is a Diving Support Vessel . A big one.

Oops..

I was thinking of this or the newer NSRS which is another deep submergence vehicle, it lives in the building behind mine.

1200px-DSRV-Mystic.jpg