• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
AshvinN3

What is your "I have too many watches" limit?

I started my collection back in 2016 and right now I have 30 watches. My goal was to have a watch for everyday of the month and I have achieved it, but I still want more watches. But what is your 'too many watches' limit?

I'm trying to upload the image of my collection but it is hard.

I'll post the image soon!

What about months with 31 days?

I started collecting needing 6 to fill the watch box, then seven, so I could wear one and still have six in the box.

Then I bought more boxes

I'm sick I tells ya!

• Haha 2

I think I’m at about 8 after a cull before Christmas... This is about my happy number...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

56 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I`m sorry, but don`t understand the question 5abcbb5e21a86_(34).gif.ae24db301043df3497176388b73f5ffb.gif

Me too! (It was a silly question :tongue:)

Stick around & start the me's as soon as possible. :yes:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AshvinN3 said:

@mach 0.0013137 LOL! How many do you have in your collection?

I don`t know 5abcbb5e21a86_(34).gif.ae24db301043df3497176388b73f5ffb.gif

As it says in my signature below I am the  "Founder member of the.... "No Really, I Haven`t A Clue, Club"    :laugh:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I don`t know 5abcbb5e21a86_(34).gif.ae24db301043df3497176388b73f5ffb.gif

As it says in my signature below I am the  "Founder member of the.... "No Really, I Haven`t A Clue, Club"    :laugh:

Yes you do. You're just too frightened to admit it. :laughing2dw:

As I am. When you start finding watches you didn't know you had that's when it's time to worry.

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Yes you do. You're just too frightened to admit it. :laughing2dw:

As I am. When you start finding watches you didn't know you had that's when it's time to worry.

My memory aint what it used to be so that happens all the time 5abd5cd93cacd_(48).gif.e9569f6078a79a02891ecdfefacf989a.gif :laugh:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, WRENCH said:

When you start finding watches you didn't know you had that's when it's time to worry.

Oh dear, I'm at that stage now................

• Haha 1

I haven't got an upper or a lower limit.  I just buy when I see something I like (and can easily afford), and I sometimes sell a few to fund one more expensive item.  Typically, this would mean 2 or 3 out, to fund 1 in. 

A "sensible" amount for me would be around 20, but my collection stands at around 40 at the moment.  Of course, nobody "needs" more than 2 or 3 watches, but it's nice to have a decent selection to choose from... :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Of course, nobody "needs" more than 2 or 3 watches, but it's nice to have a decent selection to choose from... :laughing2dw:

Hear hear. But my collection stands at about 60 - all el cheapos :laugh:

2 for me - everyday and best so at the moment that's an Omega and a Panerai. I have too many other interests - cars - boats - bikes - guitars etc to collect things. Obviously if money were no object then it would be different!

I try to keep the overall total under 30 and the subtotal of Omegas at a maximum of 20. I am failing a little at present so need to sell a couple. Or invent new rules.

Mine has crept up again and is going to get "sythed" shortly. So there will probably be in excess of 60 to go. (If I don't loose my bottle, as I have in the past).

If money was no object I would like to think 6 really nice watches of differing metals and styles would be enough.  Maybe even 5.  

I currently have 13 (possibly 14 by Monday morning) and constantly forget about certain watches, how you guys can have 30/40+ is MENTAL!!  

I have just sold 5 watches to pay for the overhaul of a Speedmaster 4.5 so I am down to 13 wrist watches and 4 pocket watches

I have been as low as 3 and as many as 37

but am quite content around a dozen wrist watches plus pocket watches

On 29/03/2018 at 08:41, AshvinN3 said:

But what is your 'too many watches' limit?I

Err zero limit.

I have about 60 wristwatches and about the same in pocket watches.

I have been thinking about this lots over the past few months now, change in circumstances, I got married again, changed careers, moved out all in a matter of months. Now I seem to favour my Date Just 2 as my every day beater over the rest of my collection. I got a fair few to choose from;

Breitling superocean 42

Tudor Palagos blue

Tag F1 auto

Raymond weil freelancer dive

These were on regular rotation. Perhaps a cull is on the horizon....:(