UK Watch Forum banner

Hi everyone

Tags
omega vintage
1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  JoT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I hope you've been enjoying the bank holiday weekend.

My name's Nick and I've joined the forum today hoping to learn a lot from other members.

Currently I've got a Michel Herbelin that was given to me for my 21st (10 years ago now) but my wife has recently uncovered her late fathers old Omega Constellation - still ticking but in need of a bit of TLC as it hasn't been worn since 1988! It's beautifully understated and I'll be looking to get it restored as it holds significant sentimental value!

Nick

699BC6D5-1B46-462C-83DC-AFBC53BAC194_zps

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum Nick. It's a safe bet that nobody on here will have a single bad word to say about your Dad's Omega, it's a beauty :thumbsup: I think there are a few members on here with the same model - or very similar - so stick around and you will learn a lot.

For what it's worth, I think you should leave the externals alone, and wear the watch as it is with all the fond memories it must have. Mechanically, you could consider contacting @simon2 if it needs to be serviced. Personally I'd replace the stretchy bracelet with a leather strap, but obviously that is just my own personal taste (some on here would argue my personal taste is not something to be recommended though... :laughing2dw: )

Enjoy the Mad House mate :tongue:

#8 ·
Welcome Nick

Lovely Omega. Stretch the bracelet out slightly and see 40 years of DNA and muck, then get a nice leather strap. Alternatively buy an ultrasonic cleaner for £20 and give it a soak (without the watch head attached)

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum Nick! That's a lovely watch you have shown us. Remember do not be afraid to ask any questions, even if your think it's daft, nothing is silly to ask. Everyone needs to ask questions to find out things! :king:

#14 ·
Lovely job, doesn't look the same watch. Looks good on the leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.