• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

What do you like ?

2 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

No contest really Scotland

It has always been dreich when I have visited, I guess you must get half-a-dozen sunsets a year though 

2 minutes ago, JoT said:

It has always been dreich when I have visited, I guess you must get half-a-dozen sunsets a year though 

We've been on a roll here, 12 days I think. The best sunsets I've seen were on Shetland, when I used to go there with work. I've also experienced the worst sea crossings ever, getting there, props out of the water etc etc.

9 minutes ago, JoT said:

You must be bringing the bad weather with you, it`s been generally good since I came home  :biggrin:

Mind you, as Caroline & I say - rather here in the rain then South of the border in the Sun :tongue:

• Like 1

Just now, mach 0.0013137 said:

You must be bringing the bad weather with you, it`s been generally good since I came home  :biggrin:

Mighty Mac back home!

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Springtime.

Yes that is good. I've been out and about photographing old footpaths in the area where I now live, and it has been one of the most colourful springs in a while. Last week i walked through miles of bluebells.

GetImage.aspx?IDMF=f3aade3c-1dc1-4bbe-81

And the Hawthorne is still in full bloom, as well as these.

RHODEDENDRONS.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bidding on a Sowden SoftBrew coffeemaker (my two year old Sowden Oskar has a chipped spout from the lid tumbling off, and the rim of the filter basket has come loose), they're getting very dear here in the US. Getting a pretty good price on a new Jakob, then finding a message in my eBay Inbox offering a $15 off code, and ... it worked! I got free shipping and $2 off my winning bid. :yahoo: 

Now I don't feel so bad for losing that bid last week for a 4-cup Oskar! 

What do I like, well there's a question.:biggrin:

I like cats, my wife. summer days, spring days.

I like sardines.....................

Stop there, the list is far too long to be honest.

:laugh::laugh:

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

What do I like, well there's a question.:biggrin:

I like cats, my wife. summer days, spring days.

I like sardines.....................

Stop there, the list is far too long to be honest.

:laugh::laugh:

I was hoping you were going to say Dremel :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, JoT said:

I was hoping you were going to say Dremel :biggrin:

Hmmm, yes I do. But I currently have mostly Bosch.:rolleyes::biggrin:

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Here's Hector the mild cat. I had three cats altogether, and they all saw twenty years of life. I saved Hector when he was two weeks old by having a fight with a farmer who had broken the necks of all his siblings. Hand reared and fed, and was my companion every day for the rest of his life. Saddest thing I've, done, taking my pal to the vet to get put down, but he had a great life and was like no other. Stayed in every night,and never chased or killed anything, while his "sisters" killed anything that moved.

large.20130806_192912.jpg.ea1ee419a8ba32

What a lovely little lad. 

I've done the "deed" so often and it breaks my heart to the point I don't want to kill another cat/ pet.

However, I may be called upon to do it again.

But that's what we pet lovers do, take care of them and then pay a coin to Charon.:wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZenArcade said:

CP Company.  Much better fit than Stone Island.

Depends on what size and shape you are. 

:laugh: :laugh:

Stone Island fits me better. 

0H3YJP.jpg

:biggrin:

And in any case Big M absolutely refuses to buy me a goggle coat. 

:huh:

Remember all the good times. The quiet times. The moments and evenings of unconditional love and companionship. The shared understanding without words. Then sum it all up ... many, many years of the same. How can those memories not warm your heart? 

Just got my combined energy bill in for the last three months. £106. :yahoo:

Used to be more than that a month for the old house, which was smaller, and no car to run either. :drinks: