• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

What do you like ?

On 10/04/2018 at 13:45, WRENCH said:

@Steve D UK's "what annoys you thread" has reached 29 pages. Are we all really a bunch of moaning gits ? :laughing2dw: 

Hmm. 59 pages (so far) of things that annoy us and only 5 pages of things we like. I think that answers your question - yes, we really are a bunch of moaning gits! :laughing2dw:

I like the 1st of each month. Pension payout day and I’ve not even retired. :clap:

Edit: And the 3rd working day of the month. Premium bonds draw day. :clap:

Edited by Steve D UK

7 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

Edit: And the 3rd working day of the month. Premium bonds draw day. :clap:

Agree with this...usually get a payout every month. Better than leaving it in the bank with the interest rates as they are at the moment.

Oh...and being on holiday, though come next Feb I'll be on permanent holiday when I retire.

• Like 1

Jericho (of the Scotland Yard). Pretty good mystery series, with an interesting back story that gets some depth by the fourth epi. Plus: Zoe Tapper. :wicked:  Not picked up for any more series.  :( 

Revolut it's a relatively new offering. You can use it to buy currency at market rates, no charges when using it abroad as contactless or in a merchant terminal. Can withdraw up-to 200 pounds worth via cashpoints. Use it to remit money to overseas accounts. I've used it in France and it's great. Not your typical pre paid card and there are apps in Android and IOS stores. Easy to setup an account and get money in there instantly via UK debit or credit card. A free or small monthly fee if you want bells and whistles. I started with the free offering. 

Edited by wrenny1969
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Revolut it's a relatively new offering. You can use it to buy currency at market rates, no charges when using it abroad as contactless or in a merchant terminal. Can withdraw up-to 200 pounds worth via cashpoints. Use it to remit money to overseas accounts. I've used it in France and it's great. Not your typical pre paid card and there are apps in Android and IOS stores. Easy to setup an account and get money in there instantly via UK debit or credit card. A free or small monthly fee if you want bells and whistles. I started with the free offering. 

Nice. So it's like a prepaid card (or like Paypal), you load it up from your home country account. Then use via card or contactless mobile app to pay from in local currency, no conversion or exchange fees? Seems like a secure way to make local payments without carrying cash or traveler's cheques (does anyone use those anymore?). :yes: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caller. said:

The fact these are now widely available over here makes me happy!

maltesers_tasty_temptations.jpg

They had them in Portugal, too, but at €3.50 for a small bag, too expensive. Probably because they're imported...food in Portugal is normally very cheap.

Time spent with son, wife, family and dog make me happy. Body boarding with my boy despite the cold sea. Also walking in the woods, strolling on the beach (winter or summer), trail running and playing vets rugby with my mates. Slower than I used to be but happy to be out enjoying the fresh air/camaraderie. :thumbs_up:. Any time in the outdoors relaxing. Even doing the gardening.

An odd drink or two and time spent with friends. Watches and probably lots more if I put my mind to thinking. :clap:

Metal detecting 

I spend hour sitting plugging away in fields local to my house. I’ve turned up some decent bits, two Celtic gold items currently in the British museum being assessed. Such a great hobby, keeps me sane too.

best hobby I’ve ever had. I mean, I walked out of my house one day, onto a field writhing 15 mins, and found a coin dropped in 40 Ad ish by someone who walked to same ground I do today. Blows my mind every time.

1CC67499-BA3F-448C-AC35-642B95055FED.jpeg.d5ec91c367fe566140995c26fa3247d6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chromejob said:

Wow. Amazing. Is that one of those things where you have no claim on the items, not even some finder's fee? :sadwalk: 

Landowner let me keep it, given him tonnes of other bits including a huge framed display piece which he loved ! 

Coins dont get declaired unless they are found as a horde 

• Like 1

Im obsessed with pink floyd dark side of the moon at the moment. It’s frikin insane. 

I don’t know much about it or them to be honest but along with the music being frighteningly good and very diverse who ever produced the album must have been a friggin genius. It’s beyond words really 

1 hour ago, topheronetwoo said:

Im obsessed with pink floyd dark side of the moon at the moment. It’s frikin insane. 

I don’t know much about it or them to be honest but along with the music being frighteningly good and very diverse who ever produced the album must have been a friggin genius. It’s beyond words really 

Great classic album, you should check out some of their other albums too. Delicate sound of thunder would be a good one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aball28 said:

Great classic album, you should check out some of their other albums too. Delicate sound of thunder would be a good one.

Brilliant , I’ll try that then. Cheers for the suggestion 

5 hours ago, topheronetwoo said:

Landowner let me keep it, given him tonnes of other bits including a huge framed display piece which he loved ! 

Coins dont get declaired unless they are found as a horde 

It might've been a horde in 40 AD. :laugh:  :whistle: (just teasing)