• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

What do you like ?

50 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Five weeks of watching what I want, eating what I want and doing what I want as the missus and our two boys head off to Oz to see her sister on Saturday.

Get in! :yahoo:

tenor.gif?itemid=4103987

• Like 1

Just now, Roger the Dodger said:

.in fact I plan to lose a bit while they're away.

Want  to buy a bike ?

Just now, WRENCH said:

Want  to buy a bike ?

Got one, thanks...a Claud Butler hand built mountain bike. Rode it once about 25 years ago and decided it was too much like hard work. Haven't ridden it since. It's now one of the junk items in my garage...even the tyres have perished...:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Got one, thanks...a Claud Butler hand built mountain bike. Rode it once about 25 years ago and decided it was too much like hard work. Haven't ridden it since. It's now one of the junk items in my garage...even the tyres have perished...:laughing2dw:

Get a set of tyres, and get out on it, even if its only for a mile. You can fit high pressure road biased tyres that make life easier. :yes:

13 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Get a set of tyres, and get out on it, even if its only for a mile. You can fit high pressure road biased tyres that make life easier. :yes:

My cycling days are over...the rheumatoid arthritis in my ankles is not condusive to pedal pushing...I have enough trouble just walking. Lying on a sunbed is much more enjoyable. :yes:

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hopefully, I won't end up like Mr. Creosote...in fact I plan to lose a bit while they're away.

Mr. Creosote  is one of my favorites.  

23 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Happy pieces of news like @Davey P and Ruthie getting married. :thumbsup:

Congrats to you both!.....and she's going to want more than a TW Steel for a pressie, Dave! 

Ha ha, Ruthie has low expectations (which would explain a lot...), and is not impressed by grand gestures of wealth or material things, so I should be safe mate :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Ha ha, Ruthie has low expectations (which would explain a lot...), and is not impressed by grand gestures of wealth or material things, so I should be safe mate :laughing2dw:

We will expect pics of the ring, the beautiful bride in her dress, and of course, the rightfully deserving goom, complete with appropriate watch...not, I might add,  a TWS....something a little more refined for the delicate and fragrant Ruthie, and the wedding of the year. This could be a first for the forum...I don't think we've had a forum wedding yet......oh stobbit...I'm filling up...crying-2_zpsmouktuse.GIF.0d195f2fd41a01c47005fe4dad1207d2.GIF

11 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

We will expect pics of the ring, the beautiful bride in her dress, and of course, the rightfully deserving groom, complete with appropriate watch...not, I might add,  a TWS....something a little more refined for the delicate and fragrant Ruthie, and the wedding of the year. This could be a first for the forum...I don't think we've had a forum wedding yet......oh stobbit...I'm filling up...

The pics I can do, that goes without saying, but I can't guarantee the watch won't be a TW Steel........... :whistling:

In no order....

My better half (21 years together)

My bike - Vmax

My watch - Speedmaster

My bass - BC Rich

My car - Merc

Metal, the thrashier the better

My band - Shackled (see above)

My BBQ and Smoker

Cider

Ability to get at least some answers right on University Challenge

• Like 1

Politicians who make complete @r$es of themselves make me laugh out loud. Still chuckling to this...I've heard of 'Dad dancing', but 'PM dancing' takes it to a new level....

tenor_zpsshfa1y13.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Politicians who make complete @r$es of themselves make me laugh out loud. Still chuckling to this...I've heard of 'Dad dancing', but 'PM dancing' takes it to a new level....

tenor_zpsshfa1y13.gif

that was truly awful and was even worse than podgy 'call me Dave's' hug a hoodie, Ed Millibands bacon buttie, William Eggs baseball cap, Maggie Thatcher attempt at being a human by walking a dog or Neil Kinnock falling over. 

Edited by Turpinr
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

tenor_zpsshfa1y13.gif

Is there a politician in this clip somewhere ?

I love British country pubs with good views if possible and dog friendly. Unfortunately beer garden weather is probably over now till next April. 

I like my wife. A lot. It was exactly 40 years ago today on September 15th 1978 that we met in the Talk of the South discotheque (TOTS) in Southend in Sea. A big bunch of flowers for her today and we’re out in about an hour or so for a nice meal in a not to shabby restaurant. 

Oh yeah, the point of my post. I like putting on a new pair of socks for the first time. :laughing2dw:

Edited by Steve D UK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Turpinr said:

Unfortunately beer garden weather is probably over now till next April. 

You need to man up

Our locals are no more than fifty yards from an inky black North Sea. 

Other than being on holiday I can't remember the last weekend rain, hail or shine that we weren't sat outside there at least one day or night for a few V&RB's 

:biggrin:

ANAZoF.jpg

dfdqJF.jpg

Sometimes I don't even wear gloves. 

:laugh: :laugh:

5 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

I like my wife. A lot. It was exactly 40 years ago today on September 15th 1978 that we met in the Talk of the South discotheque (TOTS) in Southend in Sea. A big bunch of flowers for her today and we’re out in about an hour or so for a nice meal in a not to shabby restaurant. 

Oh yeah, the point of my post. I like putting on a new pair of socks for the first time. :laughing2dw:

One of the best posts ever...I salute you, Sir...another 15 years for me to acheive the same. :notworthy:

• Like 2