UK Watch Forum banner

Phone Camera Pics

52K views 641 replies 77 participants last post by  WRENCH 
#1 ·
Apologies if there is already a post for this, but just a couple of my fave phone pics (usually whilst out mountain biking)

20150818_1250442_zpscyefiula.jpg

ray1_zpsoapgihcn.jpg

20150216_140238_zpssd9pol9x.jpg

I'm obviously not a photographer, but I do like taking pics when in the great outdoors :thumbs_up:

Modern mbl phones have come on so much, and for "shots as memories" rather than photographical masterpieces, I think they are amazing really!

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree, some of the camera phones take superb clear sharp photos as good as many `good`cameras.

Unless its an hobby you just dont need to buy a camera, you already have a good one on your phone!
Absolutely :thumbsup: , don't get me wrong, its obvious that a phone cant compete with SLR's or higher end compact cameras for that matter, but the pics above were taken on a Samsung phone at the end of the day, with an 18mp camera on it! .. the last point and shoot camera I had was a Nikon with 12mp I think it was, and the phone seems to do just as well, if not better in some respects :whistle:

Anyone else got phones pics to stick on here ? :thumbs_up:

#7 ·
Beautiful shots! Wish my phone took such photos. Hoping to upgrade soon... But even that one is gonna be a mid-range. :(

Is the first one in the UK ? The colors of the water are giving it a very mediterranean vibe.

You didn't mention your phone model. :p
Cheers bud :) .. the phone is a real old'un tbh mate, its a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo .. and its a 16mp camera not an 18 :rolleyes: I had the option to upgrade a couple months back, but decided to keep it as with the new Samsung's I don't think you can change the battery and stuff like that (?) though I've always had Samsung phones, and the camera's are very good I've found, though the music side of the phone isn't quite as good as others out there

Yeah the photos are all rides/walks I've been on in Wales, the first one being a beautiful sunny day on the Mawddach Estuary, Barmouth and I was in a kayak I think at the time :thumbsup: I think it is slightly filtered also by an app I had though tbh, which makes the colours pop a little :thumbsup:

Taken earlier this year on my Huawei P9 lite, through the windscreen of a moving van.

38100291865_5bf0e8dc89_o.jpgIMG_20171211_135421 by Paul, on Flickr

25115376568_dbe2233bfc_o.jpgIMG_20171211_140203 by Paul, on Flickr

25115376848_3fb0f76031_o.jpgIMG_20171211_140126 by Paul, on Flickr

:)
Love that middle one where the sun is low in the sky :thumbs_up:

The CCD sensors on prmier phone camera models are exceptionally good. Apple is fond of touting their Sony(?) camera sensors. But it's also a matter of software, and some cams have great camera software, others are meh. I've had trouble when the software just crashes, and I can't take a pic until rebooting the (LG Nexus) phone. :( Not exactly convenient.

For quick spontaneous pics, a phone is great, but for dedicated pics with lots of control, nothing beats a camera, even a pro-am point 'n shoot.
Completely agree .. I borrowed a Nikon DSLR a few years back from work to take some pics of our Staffy, and they turned out stunning :thumbsup: .. the shutter speed was really fast compared to a phone cam, so the action shots were crystal clear :thumbsup:

#5 ·
#6 ·
The CCD sensors on prmier phone camera models are exceptionally good. Apple is fond of touting their Sony(?) camera sensors. But it's also a matter of software, and some cams have great camera software, others are meh. I've had trouble when the software just crashes, and I can't take a pic until rebooting the (LG Nexus) phone. :( /emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> Not exactly convenient.

For quick spontaneous pics, a phone is great, but for dedicated pics with lots of control, nothing beats a camera, even a pro-am point 'n shoot.

Reactions: Welsh Wizard
#8 ·
Some fantastic photos above :thumbsup:

My phone camera (Lumia 640) is not that great, but I do like this photo which was a spur of the moment snap when I happened to look up see all sorts of meteorological activity going on. It's cropped from a much bigger image, hence it's rather grainy. I photoshopped it to bring out the colours but it's only enhancing what was already there, no artificial additives as such.

The sun is setting to the West, illuminating the clouds on the left. I presume this a frontal system with high winds streaming from the West, pushing and blowing away the clouds to the North East. If you look closely, you can see the aircraft is punching a large hole in the cloud it's passing through.

Then there's that weird vortex structure extending from the bottom of the picture. I've no idea what that is!

640-sky-small.jpg

Reactions: Sulie and Andy300
#10 ·
I can't say I hate them, how can you hate a chunk of overpriced Chinese electronics but IPhones are the work of the devil and completely counter intuitive compared to an android phone.

:laugh: :laugh:

That being said Big M's does take some good point and shoot snaps

T554Qc.jpg

yEDUNj.jpg

Or at least I think they were taken with her IPhone if not it was my old LG

:biggrin:

#13 ·
Ive just gone to plusnet for sim only at 8 quid a month. Almost bought a Nokia 8 SIM free after recent price drops. IPhone x is a grand or so. You could buy a digital DSLR, a tablet, a cheap phone and still have change for a watch and fish supper (not a euphemism). Photos are all good by the way.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
These are some pics I took on my phone (Samsung S5) using the magnifier app that was bundled with it...it's actually one of the 'widgets' on the phone. When used, it's best to support the phone in a cradle of some sort to avoid shake...I used the head from a selfie stick attached to a mini tripod.

The app allows a fair distance between lens and subject, so you get good shots without annoying shadows. Here are a couple of set up shots...

There is a slider at the bottom of the screen so you can go from this...

...to this...

...and these are some of the pics...

In this pic you can see a broken tooth on the crown wheel....

#33 ·
iPhone 7-plus, Charleston SC harbor.

Charleston_Harbor_Sunset05.jpg

Cat Café at night, high ISO.

Charleston_Pounce_Cafe03.jpg

Local park, strange light...

Mtpleasant_Park_Wetland05.jpg

Mother Emanuel Church auxiliary bldg., Charleston SC, iPhone 7-plus.

Charleston_Church_Mother_Emanuel01.jpg

iPhone 6s-plus, St. John the Baptist, Charleston SC.

Charleston_Church_St_John_Baptist00d.jpg

iPhone 6s-plus, Bridge supports while driving car.

Charleston_Bridge37.jpg

Meeting at the Coffee Shoppe, iPhone 6s-plus with cheap Olloclip wide-angle lens.

City_Lights08.jpg

iPhone 6s-plus, Coffee Shop in low light.

City_Lights07a.jpg

Abandoned bridge support, iPhone 6s-plus.

Charleston_Port01.jpg

Pier under bridge at night, low light, iPhone 6s-plus.

Mtpleasant_Park22.jpg

Sunflower, iPhone 6s-plus.

Flower84.jpg

iPhone 5, taken at the point of purchase fresh out of the box.

Apple_Att_Store01.jpg

iPhone 4s, bird bounced off large window, recovering.

Sparow43.jpg