• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Andy300

Camera phone pics

21 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Lovely pic, Cassie, but I hope that's not in your garden.

Thankfully not.  I spotted him in the local woods, he wasn't even frightened!  :king:

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, themysterybidder said:

Spotted a ladybird today.  :king:

ETOsu4H.png

I see your ladybird (and very nice it is, too!) and raise you some hibernating ladybirds that I found a year or so ago inside the folds of a garden parasol. There are several different species here, noticable in the closeup.

Beetles, Hibernating ladybirds

Beetles, Hibernating ladybirds

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 19:11, Steve D UK said:

Just ordered myself a new phone - a Samsung Galaxy S9 - will be interesting to see what quality the photos will be compared to iPhones I have had in the past. 

Good choice - you should be pleased with the results.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 19:11, Steve D UK said:

Just ordered myself a new phone - a Samsung Galaxy S9 - will be interesting to see what quality the photos will be compared to iPhones I have had in the past. 

Have you tried the camera yet? Thinking about the S9 or S9+ when my contract ends next month. Daft thing is that it seems cheaper to take pot a new contract with the same host than it is to just upgrade. Would just need to transfer the number to a payg and then to the new phone.

On 18/04/2019 at 09:38, scottswatches said:

Has anyone tried the Huawei P20 or P30 pro camera phones?  I am thinking of investing for photos and videos

Not tried them but several reviews rate the P30 Pro as the best mobile phone camera with multiple Leica lenses and 40 Mp. Does not do quite so well on video but by no means bad. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus or S10 have more video options including slow motion and also have very good still facilities. 

One review said that you can only use Huawei nano memory cards and they are about double the price of other makes but unless you need massive of storage then the extra cost will be a minor consideration compared to the cost of the phone. The Huawei also uses a usb connection for headphones rather than the jack pint on other phones - only an issue if you have an expensive set of ear phones.

• Thanks 1

Sheffield Park station on the Bluebell Line, shame the sign was in the way (Phone HTC U11)

large.IMAG0762.jpg.e70bbe529eb58301b593304b291084be.jpg

• Like 2

Some great camera phone photos on here - might be useful if we also mention the phone being used as that might help members looking at changing phones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phone HTC U11

The old Masham Hotel pub on Linthorpe Rd, MIddlesbrough. A good boozer in its day and a regular haunt for me.

large.1223693942_IMAG0039-Copy.jpg.34cbe15c206c2718593b4d96ca90b1f6.jpg

Reference Library, Middlesbrough Central Library

large.59927623_IMAG0041-Copy.jpg.55b060dbd5319239e3f0309753575835.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/05/2019 at 21:41, BondandBigM said:

From earlier today a church yard in Yarm

47037470034_50278f9aa2_b.jpg

I'll bet everyone's dying to get in there....:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Hospital of St Cross and Almshouse of Noble Poverty, Winchester.

IMAG0784.jpg

A boating theme this afternoon 

These were literally point and shoot shots on our way for a couple of sharp ones at our local. 

Some sort of IPhone 

:biggrin:

47829881352_9b46ddc5a4_b.jpg32937845167_5aca45c0a7_b.jpg32937841597_bf1166da2a_b.jpg

• Like 1