• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thoughts On This One...?

Gents,

A wee bit of (sober) insomnia-fuelled browsing in the small hours of this morning came up with this listing on the Bay

My brother has been hinting about getting something similar for a while, and this price certainly seems good.  The seller declares a recent service, case polish and some work done on the dial, but the hands look odd to me.  It might just the zoom distortion or angle of the pictures, but they look too fat and the fill of the lume is different to other samples I have seen.  Are they original do you think?

I have done the usual thing and asked him a load of questions -what work exactly was done in the dial, was it replaced with an original or after market, are the hands original, is there a warranty with the service etc, but I am waiting for a reply.

I’d appreciate any thoughts and opinions please.

J

That watch is in a right state. Why bother with the dial and not do anything to the movement. The back seal has disintegrated, it’s filthy dirty.

If i were you, I’d pass on this one. Plenty of better examples out there

Edited by Omegamaniac
  • Thanks 1

The dial for me looks like an indian redial rather than a professional job , but either way it's not right , the movement looks a bit worrying to , as the gear train bridge looks to be a different colour to the barrel bridge , may just be the light , or may be cobbled together.
Agree the hands are wrong too

Not good for the money that's for sure , my seamaster 600 for a comparison , and below the reason i suspect it's a indian redial ,I found out the hard way but it was cheap fortunately

SDC10461pup

Edited by andyclient
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1