• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help! Need to know more about this pocket watch!

You should have no problem in finding information about your very fine pocket watch, not least because the markings on your watch scream out the clues. The name, "Ditisheim" is a celebrated one in the annals of (Swiss) mechanical watchmaking and your first port of call should be to the Wikipedia entry for "Paul Ditisheim." The date of 1900 given on the dial is certainly correct in terms of the style and form of the watch, and if you do some research into the Paris address also stated on the dial, you may find that the watch was part of an exhibition or, more likely, the address relates to the retail establishment where that watch was sold - the full address is obscured in your photo of the dial. The watch itself features two registers with the lower one being the running seconds; the upper register shows the power reserve in terms of hours between windings.

I would certainly give my eye teeth to find a watch like that, so if it is yours then I congratulate you.