• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Early Soviet Military Watches.

A couple of early post war military Soviet watches I've had in my collection for a good few years. The first here from 1952, the other from 1953. These seem to be quite dear to buy nowadays, I think I paid £20 for the '52 one at the 'War & Peace' military vehicle show in Kent  many years ago and the '53 even less than that, surprisingly on eBay!

DSCF3683

DSCF3684

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures Rubbatiti.

I can't quite see if there is a date within the 'KAMMER' stamp. I'm thinking the watch was not made in 1953 but between !942 & 1946 in Factory 53 a temporary branch of the 2nd State Watch Factory that was established behind the Urals.

Do you see a date within the circular stamp next to the balance cock?

Is the dial painted or enamelled?

Thanks,

Worzel

Edited by Worzel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aha! I assumed the '53' mark was the year, I'll have a good look later for any other numbers on it The case is certainly of poorer quality than the other watch, understandable if it was made during wartime. The dial on this example is painted, you can see how it has flaked around the outer parts.

5 hours ago, Worzel said:

..I can't quite see if there is a date within the 'KAMMER' stamp. I'm thinking the watch was not made in 1953 but between !942 & 1946 in Factory 53 a temporary branch of the 2nd State Watch Factory that was established behind the Urals.

Do you see a date within the circular stamp next to the balance cock?

Just looked closely at the watch again, and yes there's a date there, this one's 1943.

Thanks for the info. there! :)

Edited by rubbatiti
  • Thanks 1