• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RWP

Kindness of Members/ Valjoux fund and thanks to Alan.

As I posted yesterday the Boz and I were delighted to see Alan @Karrusel and his charming wife yesterday and sit and chat about world affairs and TWF and the CW forum.

Alan hadn’t forgotten my so far empty ambition to acquire something Valjoux and here’s how he reminded me :)

41285690805_b5d8befd60_b.jpg

Inside was a nice start to the Valjoux fund, a very kind and lovely gesture, so many thanks Alan :yes:

I also got to admire Alan’s Alpinist :thumbsup:

A very nice day........

Cheers :)

Edited by RWP
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That is a lovely gesture and great fun. A true gentleman that @Karrusel fellow!

Now you had better restrain yourself Rog, and build that fund up making your next purchase the Valjoux... :yes:

• Haha 1

Brilliant! :laughing2dw:

Now, listen carefully, the rules are: Every time you're tempted by something you don't need in Argos or Amazon, walk away and pop that amount into the box instead.  In a few months you'll have enough saved up for that elusive Valjoux (whatever that is...? :tongue:)

:rltrlt:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Brilliant! :laughing2dw:

Now, listen carefully, the rules are: Every time you're tempted by something you don't need in Argos or Amazon, walk away and pop that amount into the box instead.  In a few months you'll have enough saved up for that elusive Valjoux (whatever that is...? :tongue:)

:rltrlt:

Valjoux movement..........mechanical chronograph supplied in a lot of watches , not cheap by my standards but with fortitude and the box I’ll get there Davey :)

Edited by RWP

11 minutes ago, RWP said:

Valjoux movement..........mechanical chronograph 

So.......... not very accurate timekeeping then...? :whistling:  (sorry, I couldn't resist it mate!) :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I almost got my hands on a really nice Valjoux (a Philip Watch I believe it was) a few months ago... The price was too good so someone got ahead of me. :(

Really nice watches but you have to get a watch taht you like. THe movement is important but so is the watch itself. Style, design, brand, etc.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gimli said:

I almost got my hands on a really nice Valjoux (a Philip Watch I believe it was) a few months ago... The price was too good so someone got ahead of me. :(

Really nice watches but you have to get a watch taht you like. THe movement is important but so is the watch itself. Style, design, brand, etc.

I’ve seen a couple Gimli.....one needed work and the other was identical to another watch I have with a 2824 in it.   I’ll bide my time , and money :yes: until the right one happens along.

Edited by RWP

Not really...............if I get it together I’ll get new Gimli :toot:

2 minutes ago, gimli said:

So you're planning to buy pre-owned then ? :swoon:

afternoon rog, nice gesture by alan , I hope it is one of those money boxes you have to break open to get the money  as its best way of not dipping putting sticky fingers  into saved funds( shame to destroy such a nice box though:biggrin:) for the one !:thumbsup:

deano

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deano1956 said:

afternoon rog, nice gesture by alan , I hope it is one of those money boxes you have to break open to get the money  as its best way of not dipping putting sticky fingers  into saved funds( shame to destroy such a nice box though:biggrin:) for the one !:thumbsup:

deano

It’s got a plug in the side but it’s not easy to remove the contents Deano :)    I will resist :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What a forum and what a set of members!    :rltrlt::rltrlt::rltrlt:

Oops that takes me over 4000 posts.....time for a giveaway this weekend!

Edited by bridgeman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, RWP said:

Valjoux movement..........mechanical chronograph supplied in a lot of watches , not cheap by my standards but with fortitude and the box I’ll get there Davey :)

Has @Karrusel got the key to the box then, to stop you dipping in and going to Argos ? :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Has @Karrusel got the key to the box then, to stop you dipping in and going to Argos:laughing2dw:

No Wrench, but he had a word with the Boz.  The box is under observation at all times :sadwalk:

1 hour ago, bridgeman said:

What a forum and what a set of members!    :rltrlt::rltrlt::rltrlt:

Oops that takes me over 4000 posts.....time for a giveaway this weekend!

Congratulations on the 4000 :thumbsup:    Just don’t tell Davey about the competition.........and no you can’t enter it yourself :tongue:

• Haha 1