• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Ultimate Chrono: An Unknown Brand

I had a look at a pre-owned quartz chronograph today, and it seemed to be a decent bit of kit in all stainless steel  with a bespoke steel bracelet screwed in both sides to the central watch lug. The watch has a screw-down crown and caseback, unidirectional bezel, 40mm case, mineral glass crystal, Japanese movement and a stated WR of 200 metres. The brand, "Ultimate Chrono" is one I have not come across before, and I wondered if anyone on the Forum had any knowledge of it. I have found two models from this company online, one being the watch I saw today and the other a bigger chronograph aesthetically less pleasing than the watch I had a look at.

This is the two-register (chrono seconds and minutes) "Ultimate Chrono" model I saw today (pics from assets.catawiki.nl):

e6417ecb-6172-4c22-a04c-a34c9a2adeb8.jpg

3fd5eef1-6bc0-45fc-afa6-4cfbab5bf9b0.jpg

93ebf309-5e03-4d22-9816-6d627c4c22b2.jpg

• Like 1

Still in the plastic......not heard of them Honour, I find the face pattern distracting :)

• Like 1

I have now edited my thread-head to say that the bezel is a unidirectional rotating one, so I presume that is why the tachometer is upside down in the pics.:)

And thanks Roger for that "like" on this post. It's so annoying when one doesn't quite get something right in a thread-head or post because there is always a member out there who has an eagle-eye - note that, Davey P.:laugh:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

It's so annoying when one doesn't quite get something right in a thread-head or post because there is always a member out there who has an eagle-eye - note that, Davey P.:laugh:

I've never been described as "eagle eyed", so I'll take that as a compliment, cheers :thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was Eddie the Eagle in your field Davey.....could be wrong :teethsmile:

• Like 1

A rotating tachy... why?

I would hazard a guess that it’s another generic designed by people that don’t care about watches aimed at customers that don’t care about watches. 

• Like 2

Yup, I tend to agree with you Seikotherapy. I certainly had no intention of purchasing the watch, just wondered if the brand was a genuine brand or something more generic and humdrum.:)

• Like 1