• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
russelk

Seiko 7T32 repair

Hi, I have a Seiko 7T32-7H00 that keeps stopping. Seiko UK looked at it and said it has corrosion damage from a leaky battery and that they no longer have the parts to repair it. Is it possible to get this repaired economically by sourcing another movement?

Cheers,
Russel

• Like 1

Your best bet would probably look on ebay for a donor watch with a working 7t32 movement . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

Your best bet would probably look on ebay for a donor watch with a working 7t32 movement . 

@russelk that's a very good suggestion, which I wish I'd thought of...nice one, John @jsud2002 and pretty sure @simon2 could fit it if you found one.

• Thanks 1

You can find these movements cheap and they are reliable. Unlike others Seiko makes things easier for watchmakers if they want to work on their watches.

Shouldn't be that much, pretty straightforward job that takes 10 minutes or so...

• Thanks 1

Providing the donor module is identical, £15 to £20 plus return postage.To swap modules.hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the input everybody, I just wanted to let you know that I've had this taken care of free-of-charge by the dealer (it was purchased not too long ago as NOS from a dealer in Italy). He assures me that the movement has been replaced and all is well. I should have it back next week.