UK Watch Forum banner

Back from holiday

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Laughing gravy 
#1 ·
Well back in cold Scotland after our two weeks in Crete. We found a great family jewellery shop in Heraklion which Kate and I both had a good mooch around. They were agents for all the big named watches and jewellery. Mati, the owners wife, was a lovely women who couldn't be more helpful. I went in to try on a Rolex explorer 1, (damn you Wrench) and got chatting, I was planning on buying a Seamaster in Black similar to johnnyoldboy's, but when I tried it on there was no instant love! So Mati went and got us drinks while we had a look around, and Kate suggested I try on something completely different! I took her advice and fell I love with it. So here it is my surprise purchase, and it hasn't been off since I bought it.

28514028698_f0bd6180e8_b.jpg

40579168740_bf377bf3ab_b.jpg

not what I was convinced I was going to buy, but I suppose that's watches for you!

See less See more
#4 ·
Great looking watch you've got there well done.

It even has a little umbrella in the bottom sub-dial for the Scottish Summer. :whistling:

:thumbs_up:

Reactions: Teg62x
#6 ·
That's a lot of watch there... congrats

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi teg

hope you had a good holiday, certainly came home with a result :biggrin: . I tried one on not long back and was very taken only the overwhelming desire to get a Gs stopped me they are a lot of watch, and a good size for such a watch with complications.

Njoy :thumbsup:

deano

VZ073Tu.jpg

#12 ·
Longings is an odd brand. I can't work out Swatch Group's marketing intention at all, in that they seem to try to be all things to all (wo)men.

However, having said that, the Master and St Imier collections are fantastic, and very good VFM (by the standards of the crazy watch world).

Jealous :clap: - seriously good buy.

#18 ·
:jawdrop1: That's drop dead gorgeous. And a moon phase. I want to see a video of all that beauty in action.

#21 ·
Well back in cold Scotland after our two weeks in Crete. We found a great family jewellery shop in Heraklion which Kate and I both had a good mooch around. They were agents for all the big named watches and jewellery. Mati, the owners wife, was a lovely women who couldn't be more helpful. I went in to try on a Rolex explorer 1, (damn you Wrench) and got chatting, I was planning on buying a Seamaster in Black similar to johnnyoldboy's, but when I tried it on there was no instant love! So Mati went and got us drinks while we had a look around, and Kate suggested I try on something completely different! I took her advice and fell I love with it. So here it is my surprise purchase, and it hasn't been off since I bought it.

28514028698_f0bd6180e8_b.jpg

40579168740_bf377bf3ab_b.jpg

not what I was convinced I was going to buy, but I suppose that's watches for you!
I'm off to Crete next month. What were the prices like? I've never been to Heraklion is the shop obvious?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.