• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Skagen Thread

Often seen Skagen mentioned but never seen a Skagen thread.....so I’ll fix that omission  :whistle:

I have couple but only a pic of this Chrono........

40364050584_241395f898_b.jpg

41030662442_67a13423ab_b.jpg

Not worn a lot , but I like the look , soft leather strap, and lightness.

Any other Skagen out there ?

Going to play ?:thumbsup:

Cheers

Edited by RWP

Ironically, one of them is what started the whole WIS path for me. All for want of a replacement strap.

The geniuses use custom lugs that the strap is screwed into. Only the straps cost £35, about a third of the price of the watch, and mine lasted about a year (a couple of pieces of leather with felt in between).

If that wasn't enough, despite a few battery changes, timekeeping had become pot luck (it would lose a random number of minutes, but not consisitently, so you couldn't rely on it).

Fair to say I don't rank them highly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, longplay said:

Ironically, one of them is what started the whole WIS path for me. All for want of a replacement strap.

The geniuses use custom lugs that the strap is screwed into. Only the straps cost £35, about a third of the price of the watch, and mine lasted about a year (a couple of pieces of leather with felt in between).

If that wasn't enough, despite a few battery changes, timekeeping had become pot luck (it would lose a random number of minutes, but not consisitently, so you couldn't rely on it).

Fair to say I don't rank them highly.

Don’t know about wear , good on a shelf .

46 minutes ago, RWP said:

I will wear a hair shirt for a week. :thumbs_up:

Don’t. It’ll be worse than your socks.

And you’ll come down with a severe case of skågen and only a Danish GP can save you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AVO said:

Don’t. It’ll be worse than your socks.

And you’ll come down with a severe case of skågen and only a Danish GP can save you.

And they are funny about antibiotics these days. Forewarned is forearmed AVO.

Are you up on verucas ? :crazy5vh:

I'm not usually too keen on Skagen designs, however I do like the top left and bottom right ones from @MyrridinEmrys collection.  :king:

• Thanks 1