• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've gone and done it just bought my holiday watch . Ticked nearly all of my boxes .It's 44mil wanted to try something that size .It's solar with a good power reserves .non tapering bracelet. It's blu

Got it I've had it on for about 5 hours now .I'm over the moon with it picture's video do it no justice .bracelet was a pleasure to size pins and a split colet in the centre link. in my mind a perfect

My mate got his one this morning, and is delighted with it too. The second hand is bang on the markers, even the Cyclops doesn't look too bad. 

Had mine for about a year now, it still gets regularly worn in rotation. There's only one thing that irks me is the polished centre links in the bracelet.

Think I'll be getting the  scotchbrite wheel on the bench grinder when I feel brave enough.

Good choice A2orry. :thumbsup:

IMG_20170724_131824434.jpg.acba083f4a8725010e59108a8fe60bcf.jpg

7 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Hmm, black does look good, did it come on a bracelet ?

20180607_221027-1200x2133.jpg.12260c6535

Yes it came with a bracelet but as Bob said above, the centre links are polished and it looks bloody awful imo. It's a shame that Strapcode don't do a Super Oyster with curved end links for it but as I quite like NATO'S, it's not a problem.

On 05/08/2018 at 02:51, BobJ said:

There's only one thing that irks me is the polished centre links in the bracelet.

On 05/08/2018 at 07:05, Jel999 said:

but as Bob said above, the centre links are polished and it looks bloody awful imo.

Vapour blasting might be the answer, I used to get mine done buckshee, but the guy left. This Pic shows a vapour blasted watch, not a great one I'm afraid (picture). I've found another guy with the gear so I'll give him a try and see what the prices and quality are like. The good thing about vapour blasting it is very sympathetic to the product. More to follow.

202-018-b06_back.jpg

• Thanks 2
14 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Vapour blasting might be the answer, I used to get mine done buckshee, but the guy left. This Pic shows a vapour blasted watch, not a great one I'm afraid (picture). I've found another guy with the gear so I'll give him a try and see what the prices and quality are like. The good thing about vapour blasting it is very sympathetic to the product. More to follow.

202-018-b06_back.jpg

Many thanks. I'm in !

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BobJ said:

I finally got around to scotchbriting mine in the garage, results are pleasing to me anyway.

Sorry, shoddy phone pics in a windowless dim garage.

IMG_20180902_153206432.jpg.8eb16ed92b9f973cc91a582ae37349fb.jpgIMG_20180902_153326511.jpg.d79570c5bcdbf5f95c9a5848e6ec6d2e.jpg

Thinking about it right now .what's most appealing to me is bracelet looks more like 22mm than 20.I think the polished links make it look narrow. My only negative comment about the watch is the 20mm bracelet. If it  had 22mm bracelet it would be perfect in my eyes.