• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've gone and done it just bought my holiday watch . Ticked nearly all of my boxes .It's 44mil wanted to try something that size .It's solar with a good power reserves .non tapering bracelet. It's blue with a splash of other colour. Only bad bid it has a Cyclops and what looked like not so good end links .

This was meant to be a duty free thing .it was cheaper on Amazon. Let's me size the bracelet before I go instead of puttng a pin pusher in my wife's make up bag.

Also I'm a member of a watch forum if I don't like I can sell it .only two weeks mostly sunlounger use lovely and hot diving into pool might be the chilled one.This will happen probly ten times a day so not to heavy on the thermal shocks. Not to sure how many times it will visit the saun or steam room .good point the Cyclops may have fallen off.Screenshot_20180529-221358.png.13885916d890de02a60ef7af99f24059.png

• Like 6
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've gone and done it just bought my holiday watch . Ticked nearly all of my boxes .It's 44mil wanted to try something that size .It's solar with a good power reserves .non tapering bracelet. It's blu

Got it I've had it on for about 5 hours now .I'm over the moon with it picture's video do it no justice .bracelet was a pleasure to size pins and a split colet in the centre link. in my mind a perfect

My mate got his one this morning, and is delighted with it too. The second hand is bang on the markers, even the Cyclops doesn't look too bad. 

Nice.  I have one arriving in the next day or so too.  I love the look of these, even though history tells me repeatedly that modern watches are too large for me, too heavy, too...modern.

It'll be a fun few hours wearing it before I switch to something older!

@A2orry and @scottswatches would you recommend one ? Friend is looking for a quartz/solar diver, sub £300. This looks like it would fit the bill.

On 31/05/2018 at 07:48, scottswatches said:

The bracelet is also a link short for me too.  I have had to use the divers extension to make it fit

Is that the standard bracelet size ? 

Thank you. :thumbsup:

I’ve seen those at Costco for < $300 and been tempted, a very attractive watch. I’m surprised that Scott said the bracelet was small, I’ve never had that problem. My issue is misplacing Seiko bracelet links after removal (or losing the collars for the pins). 

Mine should arrive tomorrow 

48 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

@A2orry and @scottswatches would you recommend one ? Friend is looking for a quartz/solar diver, sub £300. This looks like it would fit the bill.

I'm expecting to get it tomorrow I'l give you my opinion soon as. Truth be told I think it would look better with matching hands.

On 31/05/2018 at 07:48, scottswatches said:

mine arrived last night

2017 Seiko Padi

it's well built but too heavy and big!

The bracelet is also a link short for me too.  I have had to use the divers extension to make it fit

I'm a hobbit probly need to remove about 3 or 4 if that is the case I'l give you a couple. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, A2orry said:

Mine should arrive tomorrow 

I'm expecting to get it tomorrow I'l give you my opinion soon as. Truth be told I think it would look better with matching hands.

I think it looks fine. I also like the "red" ridge on the crown, making it a lot easier to pull out and set. Also when you get it, does the second hand hit the markers ?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I suspect they make one or similar without the red highlights and minute hand .. I think that’s a high visibility (out of water) touch for PADI. I’d bet even the highlight on the crown aligns with the crown guards so at a glance you see that it’s screwed down. :notworthy: 

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

It's an attractive thing, no doubt, and well built.  Just too big for me.

And the bracelet is too small because someone removed some links and lost them :aggressive:

13 minutes ago, A2orry said:

I'm a hobbit probly need to remove about 3 or 4 if that is the case I'l give you a couple. 

Legend - I will give you some money for one, or donate to a charity of your choosing.  One would be plenty I think.

8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

does the second hand hit the markers ?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Mine does.  And the Lume is up to Seiko's high standards

DSC_0226

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Thanks Scott, I hate recommending watches, because its always my fault if they're "not right".  :thumbsup:

Ye to right I would only recommed brands. Let them pick the one they like.

14 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

It's an attractive thing, no doubt, and well built.  Just too big for me.

And the bracelet is too small because someone removed some links and lost them :aggressive:

Legend - I will give you some money for one, or donate to a charity of your choosing.  One would be plenty I think.

Mine does.  And the Lume is up to Seiko's high standards

DSC_0226

Lume is ace il give you 2 links if it is possible one for each side then take up eny slack on the clasp micro adjustment 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9157318 - Ridiculously good for the price. Eco drive, decent bracelet with ratchet dive extension, 200m with ISO cert, great lume, easy read, positive quality feeling 60 click bezel with a lovely easy to grip rim and no play, screw crown. £130! Not as glamorous as the PADI but effective nonetheless.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9157318 - Ridiculously good for the price. Eco drive, decent bracelet with ratchet dive extension, 200m with ISO cert, great lume, easy read, positive quality feeling 60 click bezel with a lovely easy to grip rim and no play, screw crown. £130! Not as glamorous as the PADI but effective nonetheless.

Too much choice,

46 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

130 quid 5 year guarantee can't be bad .

• Thanks 1

Got it I've had it on for about 5 hours now .I'm over the moon with it picture's video do it no justice .bracelet was a pleasure to size pins and a split colet in the centre link. in my mind a perfect amount of pressure with a simple hand held small pusher .It's a very neet 44mm Cyclops is very small and perfectly placed as far as I can tell. Bezel is spot on and as far as glow in the dark this glows in the day.20180607_221027-1200x2133.jpg.12260c653547fb8fd0cc6818a7770333.jpg

• Like 4
18 hours ago, A2orry said:

I've had it on for about 5 hours now .I'm over the moon with it picture's video do it no justice .bracelet was a pleasure to size pins and a split colet in the centre link. in my mind a perfect amount of pressure with a simple hand held small pusher .It's a very neet 44mm Cyclops is very small and perfectly placed as far as I can tell. Bezel is spot on and as far as glow in the dark this glows in the day.

My mate got his one this morning, and is delighted with it too. The second hand is bang on the markers, even the Cyclops doesn't look too bad. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...