UK Watch Forum banner

World Cup Thread.

12K views 275 replies 34 participants last post by  Biker 
#1 ·
Big M has no interest in football but for some reason she comes over all patriotic and like to go and watch the England games, I suppose it's like people who have no interest in the nags but always have a bet on the Grand National.

To that end she is dragging me into town this afternoon on a mission to buy a new England top and we are off out to watch the warm up against Nigeria tonight.

:huh:

The last time I was with her in The Lions Den it didn't end well. But hey ho as I said to a few around me to be fair it wasn't a bad goal Balotelli scored.

Or maybes it was just the Jock accent that upset them.

:biggrin:

m08-eng-ita_65014302.jpg

And for pre match drinks when we are out I might pick up a bottle of Argentine Jagermeister

jager-bottles.jpg

My local ASDA has loads and I have a feeling they probably won't be able to give it away.

:laugh: :laugh:

So who's your choice to do well this time round and who's going for an early bath.

:)

See less See more
Reactions: Cassie-O
#4 ·
I hope we do well but the days on me watching England play are long gone. Over promise, under deliver with the press all over them like a rash. Not for me.

#5 ·
It seems a very open tournament to me. Doesn't it usually follow, that if in Europe (or nearby), a team from that continent will win?

I'll certainly be following much of it from here and especially England's games.

#12 ·
are not lidl do cheep England regalia ? I will watch as I always do , I will get frustrated as I always do , and I will miss the last ten mins because by that time my blood pressure sky high and we usually have no chance of coming back from 3-1 down :laugh:

deano

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Watching Football or paint dry? :huh:

Mind you, sport in general usually has the same effect on me :Snore:

Reactions: Cassie-O
#15 ·
Reactions: JonnyOldBoy
#20 ·
The Germans with a player called Gomez were beaten by a Mexican team wearing Adidas kit.

You almost couldn't make it up

:laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Biker and Foxdog
#31 ·
well there is 3 points straight away! :biggrin: , and some of them Tunisia defenders were playing ruby not football! :laugh:

deano

p.s under no illusion we will win the world cup, qualifying from the group will be a good result this year!
The ref was either blind or on another planet. Poor refereeing imo. :(

#29 ·
I thought we were superb in the first half and should have wrapped the game up easily. Not sure about Sterling today though and at this level you have to have a left wing back who can actually use his left foot! So Rose has to come in for Young.

Anyway, time for bed, 4am here now!

#30 ·
its the same old same old.... aimless football with injured players and clueless defenders... willing to be proved wrong but they are not even in the same stratosphere as teams Like Spain, Belgium and the likes.... technically embarrassing....
I can't wait for the rugby season to start. I won't say anything about it being a proper game. :thumbsup:

well there is 3 points straight away! :biggrin: , and some of them Tunisia defenders were playing ruby not football! :laugh:

deano

p.s under no illusion we will win the world cup, qualifying from the group will be a good result this year!
Yeah....What happened to the video ref. Video ref my ar5e. :thumbdown:

#32 ·
Just been watching the Portugal v Morocco game on BBC 1, it's the first time I've ever heard a female commentator during a football game. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.