• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

23 minutes ago, Doolittle said:

Well done England!! Remember these are just kids!! First time in a World Cup and among the first four is more than something!!

Aaannd, don't forget Saturday's match against Belgium, I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!!

It’s better to be third than fourth!

10 minutes ago, Foxdog said:

They're coming home

They're coming home

They're coming, England's coming  home.

Just a little more fuel and it'll cross the Channel, just wait and see!! 

• Like 1

I think they should scrap the 3rd and 4th place match. No-one is interested. You're either the World Champions, runner-up or semi-finalist. No-one ever talks about who finished 3rd or 4th. It will just be two reserve teams again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Well done England - against all odds they did us proud!

I want to agree, fair enough they play the same amount of games as the others, but their path to the match could have been described as easier. It's the media and the yob antics that disgust me from football.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Caller. said:

I think they should scrap the 3rd and 4th place match. No-one is interested. You're either the World Champions, runner-up or semi-finalist. No-one ever talks about who finished 3rd or 4th. It will just be two reserve teams again. 

Quite agree..

6 minutes ago, r-macus said:

It's the media and the yob antics that disgust me from football.

Quite agree again

Meet Infantino, the new FIFA president..

large.infantino-cropped_mkmupi2l66a61isg

large.infantino_fifa-jpg-data.jpg.537dfe

But before he came to FIFA He was the baddy in Thunderbirds!

'The Hood'

large.Hoods_temple.png.a832a3662261ba304

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Caller. said:

Allow me to disagree. Firstly, every professional sports tournament hands bronze medals, I see no reason why football should be different. Second, these incredible kids deserve all the merits because they did far more than they were supposed to. And third...hey, it's another world-class football match!!

23 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Yokel's been at their half time oranges. :whistle:

:tongue:

You put no "@" Alan, so I didn't notice.

I resemble that remark :whistle:

I am actually missing the World Cup matches.  I can't believe there is only two matches left.  Best time IMO is the first two weeks when there are loads of matches on!  Roll on the Euros in two years!  :clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, yokel said:

You put no "@" Alan, so I didn't notice.

I resemble that remark :whistle:

Covert tactics...obviously!

:tongue:

14 hours ago, Doolittle said:

Allow me to disagree. Firstly, every professional sports tournament hands bronze medals, I see no reason why football should be different. Second, these incredible kids deserve all the merits because they did far more than they were supposed to. And third...hey, it's another world-class football match!!

On reflection, I suppose that is true..

I think England have played brilliantly and they shouldn't be down-heartened because they didn't win.  In my opinion they are winners, as they will no doubt inspire youngsters and have created a great atmosphere not only for England, but for the United Kingdom.  Also, as some of you have said they are young and they will have the opportunity to shine again.   So come on England this afternoon!  :yes:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

let me be the first to say congratulations France, with 3 mins + injury I think they can hang on unlike England :biggrin: ,  

bring on the euros

Edited by deano1956

Hor hi hor hi hore

I once heard a Frenchman laugh in this stereotypical way within a restaraunt, albeit a cheap one in the Ardeche.

The French could do with something to unite their country.  

well done to them. 

Edited by wrenny1969

42 minutes ago, Pete wilding said:

I think the Croatian lady was fantastic.

Me too. She was so positive and gave all the players and refs lots of time. That’s a caring nature right there.