• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

bit of distraction from the BREXIT mess is refreshing, imo.:wink::)

Agreed, but the BBC (radio 4 this morning) even managed to connect the two, just to spoil things.

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Agreed, but the BBC (radio 4 this morning) even managed to connect the two, just to spoil things.

Yes, it has to be kept fresh.:laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

:laughing2dw:

ee0daf514946eb01fbf5740534d710a3.jpg

When did the BBC employ Alan Partridge and his mate as World Cup commentators ?

I didn't even know the NHS had a football team, never mind being allowed in the world cup. Excuse my dyslexia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, RSR934 said:

Me and my son don't normally do footie (rugby usually) and neither of us know much about it. But we both said exactly the same thing.

Me neither to be honest. But my eyes work and Sterling’s definitely a weak link. Clear for all to see, whether in the football know or not. 

:thumbsup:

It’s been a very interesting World Cup this one. 

10 hours ago, WRENCH said:

:laughing2dw:

ee0daf514946eb01fbf5740534d710a3.jpg

When did the BBC employ Alan Partridge and his mate as World Cup commentators ?

GOAL! He must have a foot like a traction engine  

XSnMVq.gif

• Haha 1

Just seen a Gareth Southgate "lookalike" being interviewed on the BBC, nothing like him :biggrin:

Less alcohol for me today as I remind myself that I don't even like football, attention now shifts to British GP, maybe I'll have just the one. 

Well I like a booze up and whatever. But the scenes today pretty much sum up why the brits are the most hated tourist. Yobish knob behaviour.

No I think Stirling's doing a good job of fouling up the defence, admittedly he can't get it near the net but all of the defence's he's been up against have definitely been harried so if he continues to do this then the strikers can get amongst it better.

As for the last game Kane didn't seem to get involved, every time Stirling got near the box Kane should have been there not jogging around at the halfway line.

• Like 1

who ever wins this ( tonight's game ) will be world cup winners , you heard it here first :biggrin: England/ Croatia don't have this skill level I am afraid

deano

• Like 1

Good result for England, if we get through Croatia I fancy our chances more against France than I do Belgium

• Like 2

Deadly dull in the end. France got the goal and just shut the game down, blocked the creativity from the Belgium's and just waited for the whistle. I can't make out how good they are and for all their skill they needed a goal from a corner. Can't understand Martinez either, nothing was happening for Belgium, so why take Fellaini off? They should have stuck him up front with Lukaku and gone route 1 and fed off scraps. 

Hope England make it through. I think we'd have a chance against the French. I would have feared Belgium more.

• Like 1

It would be nice if England got through to the final, but I wouldn't be too upset if they don't.:wink:

Southgate and his team have brought us up out of the dirt for the first time in years, IMO.

If they come home after tomorrow's game, I will be proud that they've got so far.

Well done lads.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stan said:

If they come home after tomorrow's game, I will be proud that they've got so far.

No chance!

there is the utterly pointless third place game on Saturday at worst!

The french are a challenge for whomever reaches the final tonight, but they do have the capacity to implode at any point.  Headbutt in the final anyone?

• Like 1

I think Belgium played the better game, they just couldn't put the finish together.  I would have preferred Belgium as we have already played them and know what to shut down.  They could do the same to us but England are the best at set plays so far.

And yes, I totally agree, England have gone out there with modesty, humility and honesty, leaving all the egos out of the squad was a genius move.  They have acquitted themselves with great aplomb.

• Like 2

Given the evenness of play quality in this World Cup, I really think England have as good a chance as any other team currently in. If they keep their level heads, persistent play and clean behaviour up, then I think they could defeat Croatia today. 

But even if they don’t, this team has been a fine team and worthy of praise, as has Gareth Southgate’s management. Good stuff. :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

The Russian crowd seem to be rather pro-England.

I wonder why?! :laughing2dw:

More anti Vida than pro England I think!