Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

At the left hand side where I view all the topics some have speech bubbles coloured black, some are shaded, some have a question mark and some have nothing marked at them.  Can anyone shed any light?  It's been bugging me for ages.  :king:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They indicate whether you're following or not ... if you've contributed or not ... some forums the icon will indicate if the topic is "hot" (lots of activity). Wait, you knew that already. 

I'm trying to find a reference for what the icons mean in the Invision Community support guides, but can't find pages for just browsing topics. @Roy, do you know where the general user docs are for the software? 

P.S. You know that clicking the little bubble takes you to the first unread post, right? 

Edited by Chromejob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Chromejob said:

P.S. You know that clicking the little bubble takes you to the first unread post, right? 

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@themysterybidder If there are no bubbles, it means you've not yet looked at the topic. If the back bubble is black, then you've looked but not contributed, if they are both black, you've contributed and if they are both grey, there have been no new posts since you last looked. As mentioned, if you click on the bubbles, it takes you to the first unread post. Hope this helps.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@themysterybidder If there are no bubbles, it means you've not yet looked at the topic. If the back bubble is black, then you've looked but not contributed, if they are both black, you've contributed and if they are both grey, there have been no new posts since you last looked. As mentioned, if you click on the bubbles, it takes you to the first unread post. Hope this helps.

Very clear explanation, thank you.  :yes:  What about the question mark?  I revived a topic the other day about the News of the World and it had a question mark at it after I posted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

Very clear explanation, thank you.  :yes:  What about the question mark?  I revived a topic the other day about the News of the World and it had a question mark at it after I posted.  

The question mark means there is a poll attached to the topic...if you hover your cursor over it, it should tell you this....:yes:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The question mark means there is a poll attached to the topic...if you hover your cursor over it, it should tell you this....:yes:

Thank you!  :king:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@themysterybidder If there are no bubbles, it means you've not yet looked at the topic. If the back bubble is black, then you've looked but not contributed, if they are both black, you've contributed and if they are both grey, there have been no new posts since you last looked. As mentioned, if you click on the bubbles, it takes you to the first unread post. Hope this helps.

Not really noticed these before but clicking to go to the first unread post will be very useful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@themysterybidder If there are no bubbles, it means you've not yet looked at the topic. If the back bubble is black, then you've looked but not contributed, if they are both black, you've contributed and if they are both grey, there have been no new posts since you last looked. As mentioned, if you click on the bubbles, it takes you to the first unread post. Hope this helps.

@themysterybidder, @yokel, @Chromejob, @richy176I'm going to hold my hands up here and tell you that I've got the above a bit wrong. Both black bubbles deffo mean you've contributed to a thread, and two grey bubbles mean no new posts have been added, but I've got the no bubbles and one black bubble wrong.

I just checked on a no bubble post, and after I'd looked at it, it still had no bubbles beside it, so I'm not sure what triggers them to appear in the first instance, similarly, I can't see what triggers one black bubble.

I haven't helped very much, have I?...........duh.gif.165b9438a0762a37a8abe3fe4daf11c4.gif

Hopefully, someone cleverer than me (not to hard to acheive) can work it out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@themysterybidder, @yokel, @Chromejob, @richy176I'm going to hold my hands up here and tell you that I've got the above a bit wrong. Both black bubbles deffo mean you've contributed to a thread, and two grey bubbles mean no new posts have been added, but I've got the no bubbles and one black bubble wrong.

I just checked on a no bubble post, and after I'd looked at it, it still had no bubbles beside it, so I'm not sure what triggers them to appear in the first instance, similarly, I can't see what triggers one black bubble.

I haven't helped very much, have I?...........duh.gif.165b9438a0762a37a8abe3fe4daf11c4.gif

Hopefully, someone cleverer than me (not to hard to acheive) can work it out.

You did your best first time round, that's the main thing.  :yes:  Thanks for the added info.  :king:. Does that mean I get off with telling people "It wasn't made for them"?, even though it annoys me? :tongue:

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right...I think I've worked it out now. (Fingers crossed)

No bubbles = A topic that you've looked at, but not added anything to. 

Rear bubble black = This appears against a brand new topic. If you look, but don't add anything, the topic reverts to a no bubble one when you exit. If a new reply is subsequently added, the rear black bubble will reappear to show new content is available. (The front clear bubble is you, the rear one eveyone else.)

Both bubbles black = You've contributed.

Both grey = No new replies have been added since you last looked. They will turn black when new content is added and the topic title will be in bold type.

The things I do for you lot! That's another hour or so of my life I'll never get back!:tongue:

@themysterybidder Just because you're a girl, it doesn't mean you can get away with anything on here, you know! :taunt:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The things I do for you lot! That's another hour or so of my life I'll never get back!:tongue:

All in a days work as a friendly, helpful mod.  :yes:

20 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Just because you're a girl, it doesn't mean you can get away with anything on here, you know! :taunt:

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw::king:

20 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

That's another hour or so of my life I'll never get back!:tongue:

Don't worry I'm sure if you missed anything it wasn't meant for you!  :wicked::tongue:

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

All in a days work as a friendly, helpful mod.  :yes:

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw::king:

Don't worry I'm sure if you missed anything it wasn't meant for you!  :wicked::tongue:

You know you can quite quickly go from this :king: to this........sadangel2.gif

:whistle::laughing2dw:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I really hope that's not a selfie....:swoon:

No, no, my selfie is one of your babes!  (Things you can never unsee). :thumbsup:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themysterybidder said:

No, no, my selfie is one of your babes!  (Things you can never unsee). :thumbsup:

...and I imaginged you as an Ellie Harrison looky-likey....not a witch....my dreams have been shattered...:sadwalk:

Image result for Ellie Harrison

...ah well.......:wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

...and I imaginged you as an Ellie Harrison looky-likey....not a witch....

Only a witch when I'm casting spells on members to buy a G-Shock.  You know who you are!   :toot:  :character0275:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richy176 said:

@Roger the Dodger Your detailed explanation deserves to be a sticky :thumbsup:

Most forum software has a “map legend” like guide on the page. I’m surprised Invision didn’t even have this in their docs, unless these are specific to the forum theme...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I do hope the question you got right in the quiz was the Delboy one...:laughing2dw:

I left the phone for about a minute to watch something, the screen went blank and it ended the quiz!  I got the Open All Hours one correct.  :king:

Edited by themysterybidder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themysterybidder said:

I left the phone for about a minute to watch something, the screen went blank and it ended the quiz!  I got the Open All Hours one correct.  :king:

Once you start a quiz, you mustn't leave it until the end, or you get shut out. Try some of the others! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Roger the Dodger I think I'll need to test all your Del Boy knowledge by creating an Only Fools and Horses one!  

Example 

Question one - Who's the most handsome male?

Options - Del, Del or Del!  :king::thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The things I do for you lot! That's another hour or so of my life I'll never get back!:tongue:

I should have asked about these instead. Would have been quicker to answer! :laughing2dw:

mars-topic_11.png

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...