• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
alxbly

Heads up! "Casio Royale" AE-1200 only £14.99

15 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'll do a "pre review" for you now: the bracelet will be rubbish, the plastic body will wear quickly, setting it up, and any future adjustment will drive me mental, I'll barely be able to see it, what's not to like ? and shortly, one of the Saturday night clan gathering will be wearing it in a few Saturdays, permanently. I'm week willed and easily led astray by bigger boys. :sadwalk:

It does beg the question 'What TF did you buy it for then?'......:laugh:

Ahhhh...I see now...the 'bigger boys', or in this case, the delightfully fragrant TMB made me do it....how easily the uniniated are led....a woman's wiles...:laughing2dw:

.....and that's why I ended up buying SWMBO a sparkly Swarovski.....:sadwalk:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'll do a "pre review" for you now: the bracelet will be rubbish, the plastic body will wear quickly, setting it up, and any future adjustment will drive me mental, I'll barely be able to see it, what's not to like ? and shortly, one of the Saturday night clan gathering will be wearing it in a few Saturdays, permanently. I'm week willed and easily led astray by bigger boys. :sadwalk:

You're right about the bracelet...

But the watch is an extremely good beater for such a miniscule amount. You'd need to really punish the plastic to make it wear, the digital display is big and bold, it's p*** easy to set up and needs little effort to adjust. The give away being that one of the pushers has "adjust" written on the face next to it... :)

Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions, you might like it! :yes:

51 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Correct on all of the above points and I paid double for the trouble. 

:laugh: :laugh:

2w52vA.jpg

But like all multifunction Casios regardless of their shortcomings you either get them or you don't. 

But you can't argue against the "Bang for the Buck" that they offer if you just need to know the time and can't be @rsed to carry a mobile phone everywhere you go. 

:)

59 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

the delightfully fragrant TMB made me do it....

I've had my wicked way again.  :wicked: Told him to watch this, and he would do anything I say.

My work here is done.  :beach::king:

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

That's a beautiful watch, but just wondering if it's an homage to the original Seiko version...as worn by Roger Moore in 'Octopussy'.

But did his have a world map in a tiny window? :whistle: 

Just now, Chromejob said:

But did his have a world map in a tiny window? :whistle: 

James Bond didn't have time to look at a map! More important things like women and baddies!  :laughing2dw::thumbsup:

• Haha 1

I haven't worn a Casio since the 80s. I never thought I'd buy another but this is seriously tempting, especially at this ridiculously low price. How does it wear on smaller wrists?

11 hours ago, alxbly said:

Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions, you might like it! :yes:

I've had one already. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

A cracking little watch for £15! Reminds me of the Casio’s I never had when I was young, very retro! Thought my very low mileage 80’s Golf would make a good background for it.

One question though, what is the purpose of the line/screen in the top right?

28815945198_807ecc59d3_b.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JustDave said:

One question though, what is the purpose of the line/screen in the top right?

Whenever you switch the alarm on it comes up ALM.  :king:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DarthSmavid said:

Mine arrived today, just for a bit of variety I threw it on a rubber strap from my Casio MRW-200H..

Hp6aN5g.jpg

That looks better. :yes:

I'm trying a psychological approach as to how to keep mine, when it arrives, for more than a week. Never thought of the strap change option. :hmmm9uh:

Mine arrived yesterday - so much for Monday delivery - and MOH asked what I had got.  Told her it was a watch and all she did was raise her eyes to the ceiling and walked off.

Still, onto more serious matters. I have to remove two links from the bracelet in order to size it to my skinny wrists. I have managed to remove one of the "sliders" to split the bracelet, but I'm damned if I can get any of the others out. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, please tell me how you overcame the problem before I take a club hammer and chisel to it. :bash:

Cancel my last - a touch of brute force and ignorance and I have done it - without damaging anything :biggrin:

No show here. :( Just got an email about allowing extra time for delivery. I blame you lot for buying too many. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

Not going to bore you with anymore pics, but mine arrived (at the wrong address) today, and I am suitably impressed. I did manage to read the instructions, and it is set up properly (and relatively stress free). :yahoo:I just need to find out what the rest of the bits do. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I thought the bracelet wasn't sharp until it bit me when I changed watches the now.  :(

a1aqw5Z.jpg?1

1 hour ago, themysterybidder said:

I changed watches the now 

Are you North of Hadrians Wall ?

• Like 1

Well after a few days wearing it (double wristed) I'm warming. Setting up was a dawdle, and is it my imagination, that this one is slightly larger than similar previous models ? Bracelet hasn't bitten me yet either. Next ploy is to set the alarns, and investigate the timer. I might even keep it.

51A-LEVELsL.jpg

Just I've spotted this again.

81g2KsUwm3L._UY550_.jpg

On 08/06/2018 at 23:36, JonnyOldBoy said:

I have minimum standards and my Casio had to look absolutely splendid... and it does.... but a lot of them to me look a bit "Blakes-Seven".... 

:sign_wtf:How dare you. That used to be my favourite programme many years ago. lol.

17 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Well after a few days wearing it (double wristed) I'm warming. Setting up was a dawdle, and is it my imagination, that this one is slightly larger than similar previous models ? Bracelet hasn't bitten me yet either. Next ploy is to set the alarns, and investigate the timer. I might even keep it.

51A-LEVELsL.jpg

Just I've spotted this again.

81g2KsUwm3L._UY550_.jpg

The Casio G-Shock Men's Watch DW-5600BBN-1ER. This is on my hit list at some point. It's still about 60 quid on Amazon. I managed to get the top one last week from Argos as they have gone back up on Amazon. Can't grumble for 15 quid.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RSR934 said:

Can't grumble for 15 quid.

No, you can't beat it really for the money, and if it lasts the ten year battery, the bin isn't far away.

I bought one of these last year at full price and thought that was a bargain given all the functions and the 10 year battery. 

I only went for it because at that time I was suffering from Suicide Headaches and had to take 12 tablets a day spaced evenly in threes six hours apart so the five alarms  were brilliant, 4 for the drugss and one to remind me to go to the bank every day to pay the medical bills!

i had no idea it was even a thing, let alone had a name!

10 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

I only went for it because at that time I was suffering from Suicide Headaches and had to take 12 tablets a day spaced evenly in threes six hours apart so the five alarms  were brilliant, 4 for the drugss and one to remind me to go to the bank every day to pay the medical bills!

i had no idea it was even a thing, let alone had a name!

I suffered the same every day for five months of every year for twenty years, and that was before any drugs were available for the condition, in fact I was supplied Imiran injections by the Princess Margaret's Migraine Clinic on the very first day that they were released and then went through various other treatments for years, including Oxygen saturation.

Not nice are they, especially without medication. Funnily enough mine were stopped by me contracting ME after a bout of Glandular Fever. Apparently it affected the same part of the brain that caused the headaches and stopped them. Mind you,  think I'd rather have the headaches as the ME is permanent and very debilitating.... :crazy5vh: ... :)

• Sad 1