• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
vek

incoming citizen content

after quite a few quiet months on every front i kept coming back to this citizen auto diver.although i have a few divers already that see frequent wear i just really liked this one. a 10% voucher from ebay & that was enough to break my resistance.i think it is good value at £135 with the discount.sorry about the stock photo but its the best i can do until i get my paws on it.

8fvkdVW.jpg

• Like 6

classic chunky diver love the splash of orange, and with a 10% e bay discount which I think applies till 8 pm tonight ( code perfectten ) makes it a good buy, I was so tempted by numerous buys with todays discount , but in the end I went with a car buffer :laugh:

n joy

deano

• Haha 3

Hi vek I have this one, not auto but getting plenty of wear time, more than my tag at the moment.

IMG_0028.JPG.50db9bebeb77180322a02f043af29919.JPG

7 hours ago, vek said:

after quite a few quiet months on every front i kept coming back to this citizen auto diver.although i have a few divers already that see frequent wear i just really liked this one. a 10% voucher from ebay & that was enough to break my resistance.i think it is good value at £135 with the discount.sorry about the stock photo but its the best i can do until i get my paws on it.

8fvkdVW.jpg

• Like 1

well the watch finally arrived this morning,looking great but when i went to set the time the second hand had a mind of its own moving erratically around the face.:(  i have decided to return it hopefully for a normal functioning replacement.

I have seen a few of these about and have been very tempted myself I think it is something about the orange hour hand on black dial that appeals. 

22 minutes ago, vek said:

well the watch finally arrived this morning,looking great but when i went to set the time the second hand had a mind of its own moving erratically around the face.:(  i have decided to return it hopefully for a normal functioning replacement.

I think an erratic seconds hand can be a feature of the Miyota 82** series of movements. It's all to do with the way the seconds hand is driven & it doesn't usually indicate a problem with the movement itself. It's a shame though as not all the 82** powered watches do it & it spoils an otherwise nice watch :( I'm pretty sure that I used to own the black cased version of this watch - that was a good looking watch too but the stainless steel version knocks the spots off it :)

It's a real disappointment when a watch - or anything else for that matter - doesn't live up to your expectations & I hope the replacement is fault/issue free  :thumbs_up:

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, vek said:

Was it doing this as you were setting the time with the crown out ? A couple of my Citizens with the non hacking movement behave similar, and always have done.

On 15/06/2018 at 21:33, vek said:

replacement arrived very quickly & all is well :)

Glad everything worked out with your watch.  I've never seen that Citizen model before.  Really nice design and love the orange minute hand.  Enjoy!  :king:

• Like 1