• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Newbie saying hi.

Good evening all. Found this forum as i've always been interested in watches and i'm currently after info on a cheap divers watch. I was thinking of a Seiko SKX 007 but have discovered these gems from Divex & I have to say that they would appear to knock spots off the Seiko. ( No doubt i'm about to be slaughtered for that comment. ) Having previously owned a Rolex GMT Master that I bought new which turned out to be complete & utter crap in every possible way, I couldn't give a monkey's about "brands".

Are these Divex watches really as good as they sound ?  I would go for the 200m one as I reckon the 500m one is a tad lumpy.  They appear to be a complete steal.

Many thanks for any advice.

Jeremy

19 minutes ago, Jel999 said:

Good evening all. Found this forum as i've always been interested in watches and i'm currently after info on a cheap divers watch. I was thinking of a Seiko SKX 007 but have discovered these gems from Divex & I have to say that they would appear to knock spots off the Seiko. ( No doubt i'm about to be slaughtered for that comment. ) Having previously owned a Rolex GMT Master that I bought new which turned out to be complete & utter crap in every possible way, I couldn't give a monkey's about "brands".

Are these Divex watches really as good as they sound ?  I would go for the 200m one as I reckon the 500m one is a tad lumpy.  They appear to be a complete steal.

Many thanks for any advice.

Jeremy

Divex are excellent for the money. I've had one 200m and gave it to a friend, but I'll get another. Straight forward, no nonsense watch, nothing else. Nothing wrong with Rolex either. Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Divex are excellent for the money. I've had one 200m and gave it to a friend, but I'll get another. Straight forward, no nonsense watch, nothing else. Nothing wrong with Rolex either. Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with Rolex ?  It gained 10 seconds a day from new so I sent it to Rolex HQ in Bromley or Bexley ( can't remember which ) & they returned it and it then gained 6 seconds a day. I sent it straight back asking them to try a bit harder & their reply was that they couldn't get it any better as it was automatic. Silly me - I presumed that the words on the dial " Superlative Chronometer " meant that it would keep time.  Shortly after, the triangular pointer on the end of the red hand fell off, jamming the second hand against the minute hand. Back it went again. After about 18 months, the strap would undo itself if I clenched my fist. At this point I gave up with the poxy thing & got rid of it and replaced it with a cheap plastic Casio that kept better time, kept its hands where they're supposed to be & also stayed on my wrist.  Hardly a glowing report.  Each to their own though.  Looking forward to getting my new one.

Welcome in.  Interesting review on Rolex, I can't comment 'coz I've never had one, I have however had a strap that comes undone with a clenched fist, most annoying.

Those Divex watches are great they also come in the Tauchmeister guise too.

• Thanks 1