• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

My local carpark alway has some interesting stuff 

5Ardwm.jpg

3.8 MK2 Jag tonight

hOOwx8.jpg

I'm almost tempted to use the much misused phrase "mint"

:laugh: :laugh:

What have you seen in your local carpark

:)

• Like 5

I had one similar to that - a 1966 3.8 S-Type. Blue with blue leather interior. Paid £125 for it in 1979 and sold it 6 months later for £75 with a rattling timing chain. Oh, and the previous owner had dyed the cracked rear leather seat with blue leather dye or something as me and the girlfriend, now the wife, found out to our embarrassment. I won’t say any more........:whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

My local carpark alway has some interesting stuff 

5Ardwm.jpg

3.8 MK2 Jag tonight

hOOwx8.jpg

I'm almost tempted to use the much misused phrase "mint"

:laugh: :laugh:

What have you seen in your local carpark

:)

Hi Bond.

Sitting outside my mates place earlier this evening. The chap who owns the land drove past in his light blue Aston Martin DB4. A very good example.

Regards, Paul.

p.s. Do you know if that was an original colour.

Edited by RSR934
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

I had one similar to that - a 1966 3.8 S-Type. Blue with blue leather interior. Paid £125 for it in 1979 and sold it 6 months later for £75 with a rattling timing chain. Oh, and the previous owner had dyed the cracked rear leather seat with blue leather dye or something as me and the girlfriend, now the wife, found out to our embarrassment. I won’t say any more........:whistling:

I should have taken a pic of the interior which was in keeping with the bodywork, gorgeous unmarked red leather and the wood trim looked pristine. 

Obviously had a few quid spent on it at some point. 

How about looking through this lot for something interesting?:laugh:

car-park.jpg

This pic is from simoncamilleri.com, and the title of the piece in which it appears is, "Should we pray for a car park?" in "Simon Says - the random ramblings of Simon Calilleri. Also in the text - a religious item relating to the use of prayer - we find the following gem :laugh: (pic from simoncamilleri.com):

FWP-CAR-PARK-1024x664.jpg

• Haha 3

On 23/06/2018 at 21:35, BondandBigM said:

Tonight's offering in my carpark.

Not pristine but tidy looked more like a daily driver 

1qezdS.jpg

I had an MG midget in British Racing Green, knock on wires, and both hard and soft tops. I sold it to a friend for the princely sum of £400 in 1977. I wonder how much a good restored one would fetch today.

39 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Saw this Citroen 'thing' outside the beach bar. The colour scheme looks a bit urgent, but I'll bet it's fun to drive...20180629_151002.jpg.532044d2c0f1cd56c1e8007f58d78c3c.jpg20180629_150916.jpg.87bef07bcdf15b217215a88fca4b92ac.jpg20180629_150901.jpg.8bfbca37a3492ad915212d2ae834dbcd.jpg

You didn't say you were holidaying with the, Sultan ?

:tongue:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

You didn't say you were holidaying with the, Sultan ?

:tongue:

Old Rog couldn't cope with a day in the sun with me never mind a night out with my Harem and I. 

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Old Rog couldn't cope with a day in the sun with me never mind a night out with my Harem and I. 

True!!

I'd forgotten about his impediment. :whistle:

Anyway, the ol' fella would only have cramped you style.

Apologies for the inference....carry on as before. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Not sure Bonhams qualifies as a carpark but the car was parked when I snapped it, a BMW of sorts obviously quite valuable but no idea what it is

And this rather nice E-TYpe in Mayfair

• Thanks 1

Class.

large.20161022_170243-2_kindlephoto-4338

On 29/06/2018 at 17:37, Karrusel said:

Saw this Citroen 'thing'

Mehari. Superb :yes:

8a900a78-6d20-11e7-9e68-c3222d40440f.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 19:02, JoT said:

Not sure Bonhams qualifies as a carpark but the car was parked when I snapped it, a BMW of sorts obviously quite valuable but no idea what it is

IMAG0172.jpg

It is a BMW 507.  They only made 252, and there are two in the UK.  This one is expected to make £2m, as it is a one owner car and that owner was John Surtees.  He was gifted half of it (he had to pay for the other half) by count Agusta, of MV-Agusta, after he had won the world championship.  It has done just 40,000 miles, and has had the engine breathed on and has disc brakes (it was used as a development car for Dunlop.)

The other one in the UK belongs to BMW GB, and I used to work on it as an apprentice - the BMW technicians didn't have much interest in the classic fleet, so I got to play with this, a 328, an E9 CSL, an Isetta bubble car, a pair of M1's and others.

EDIT - it sold yesterday for £3.8m, along with an Aston Martin that fetched over £10m - results here http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24876/#/aa0=3&MR0_length=100&w0=list&aj0=lot_number_asc&m0=0

• Like 1

Mike and Edd restored an Isetta Bubble car in Wheeler Dealers. It eventually went to the BMW museum in Bracknell, Berkshire. The clip below is them taking it there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Mike and Edd restored an Isetta Bubble car in Wheeler Dealers. It eventually went to the BMW museum in Bracknell, Berkshire. The clip below is them taking it there.

One of those would tempt me to get behind the wheel again. :yes:

Or a Messerschmitt Tiger.

biga.jpg

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

That press fleet is the same one I worked on in the early 1990's!  They did have an Isetta, and I recall having to visit the only real place for spares when I rebuilt the gearbox - it was in the small town in Leicester where I went to school!