• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

One of those would tempt me to get behind the wheel again. :yes:

Or a Messerschmitt Tiger.

biga.jpg

Funny you should say that....Mike and Edd also did up a  more common 3 wheeled version. In the episode, Edd had to cut down a new acrylic bubble for the top, and he tried doing it with an air powered sabre saw, and split it! He got hold of another one (at around a grand) and cut it to size using a flap wheel...it took him about 6 hours. At the end of the episode, they took it to a Messerschmitt rally, where they saw a rare Tiger. Well worth searching out the complete episode if you can find it...the below are just clips. Regarding the Isetta buuble car above, my late father in law had one and floated off down a stream when he tried to go through a ford in it !:laughing2dw:

26 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

where they saw a rare Tiger. 

I know where there are a few languishing in a shed, the owner will neither sell them or do anything with them.

I "found" one of these in similar circumstances years ago. 

1940-packard-120-straight-8-1.jpg

I learned recently that the owner had passed on and the family were all squabbling about its value, and the quickest way to sell it.

4 hours ago, scottswatches said:

EDIT - it sold yesterday for £3.8m, along with an Aston Martin that fetched over £10m - results here http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24876/#/aa0=3&MR0_length=100&w0=list&aj0=lot_number_asc&m0=0

What a great story. Among the other cars sold was an apparent James Bond (books) vehicle:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24876/lot/359/

Oh, that AM DB4GT Zagato is a beauty. And an E-Type series 1, and series 2. Wow, what a parade of beauties. 

• Like 1

I live in a suburb on the edge of a town that is on a "street" that leads to quiet a large estate away from a "B" road.

My house has large 1970's windows and the front bedroom overlooks the road.

I've seen a Ford Consul Classic (Canary Yellow with a White roof), a Ford Zephyr MkII also in Canary Yellow.

There's also a Black "sit up an beg" something that I can't identify, it's a bit rough, but clearly running.:thumbsup: 

The problem is that they are going at 20mph over the "traffic calming measures" and I rarely have a camera on me.

Nice to see some local classics though.:yes:

32 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

The Germans are in town

:laugh: :laugh:

@scottswatches

Saw this tonight, clean as a whistle, can't be many left as tidy as this one. 

goJp23.jpg

:)

Fetching strong money now these,  especially the convertible.  One of the last really well built Mercedes 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

goJp23.jpg

:)

The W124 was just the best Merc ever. My mechanic had a wonderful ‘92 300CE 24v which he sold and replaced with a BMW.

He never got over it and regretted it every day. 

Edited by Filterlab

Happened upon these gems whilst wandering around Puerto Banus the other week , the nice thing about the Bentley was he clearly used it as it was dusty and the boot was covered in historic rally plaques spanning a few years 

Puerto banusPuerto banusPuerto banus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyclient said:

Happened upon these gems whilst wandering around Puerto Banus the other week , the nice thing about the Bentley was he clearly used it as it was dusty and the boot was covered in historic rally plaques spanning a few years 

Puerto banusPuerto banusPuerto banus

Even by my standards that mirror green wrap is hideous. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Even by my standards that mirror green wrap is hideous. 

The company yacht moored in front of it was s bit more tasteful , the number plate on it is probably worth more than my house though :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

Talking of hideous, one of my neighbours bought this Range Rover a few weeks ago. 

YmboYY.jpg

But we do live in a council flat with a red door so I suppose it's only to be expected 

4 hours ago, andyclient said:

Puerto banus

I would've wiped some dust off the Bentley and left a nice hand print on that green monstrosity. "TOO 6EXY," in a pig's eye.  What IS that thing, anyway, some kind of Honda? NSX? (The Porsche's lovely, as they usually are.) 

Oh, God. They've done something horrible to what was once a beautiful supercar. 

Acura-NSX-concept-front-side-view-bright

acura-nsx-colorizer.jpg

Pw7WDg

To wit -- they've put the dreaded Acura "potato peeler" on it. vomit_ani.gif

Edited by Chromejob

Tonights catch 

XbOcOn.jpg

v75M7u.jpg

At one time back in the day despite its lack of snob value I would have been all over the Stang. It's the one Yank muscle car I've never had. 

BUT

This was parked a few spaces along

5k0SUX.jpg

eOw41s.jpg

On seeing them almost side by side it's a no brainer. Why would you waste your hard earned on the Mustang. The Jag will just go better and be a nicer thing to be in. 

I could easily add one of these Jags to my growing collection of motors that don't go. 

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 1

On 03/08/2018 at 15:52, andyclient said:

Puerto banus

It's funny, you wouldn't normally touch it with a bargepole, but put a sign saying "do not touch" in the window and it's an irresistible urge all of a sudden!

On 03/08/2018 at 20:41, Chromejob said:

that green monstrosity.  

Looks awful, what is that finish anyway.......

Ah! Surely that's a Chromejob:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/08/2018 at 17:37, BondandBigM said:

eOw41s.jpg

On seeing them almost side by side it's a no brainer. Why would you waste your hard earned on the Mustang. The Jag will just go better and be a nicer thing to be in. 

I could easily add one of these Jags to my growing collection of motors that don't go. 

Ditto. Saw one locally (if that's the same model) and stopped in my tracks like a meerkat. Very nicely executed body design. 

Decent motors in my carpark have been a bit thin on the ground recently but this tidy MGB was parked up today. 

Old "G" plate........ 1969 ??? 

MimECt.jpg

10 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Decent motors in my carpark have been a bit thin on the ground recently but this tidy MGB was parked up today. 

Old "G" plate........ 1969 ??? 

MimECt.jpg

Beautiful car, and I'm sure you don't need me to say that technically, that's an MGBGT with the fast back. The plain MGB was the 'roadster'. Here's me sitting on the boot of my old pal Michael's (sadly no longer with us) circa 1975....and that's his mum's Capri in the garage.

MGB original.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Beautiful car, and I'm sure you don't need me to say that technically, that's an MGBGT with the fast back. The plain MGB was the 'roadster'. Here's me sitting on the boot of my old pal Michael's (sadly no longer with us) circa 1975....and that's his mum's Capri in the garage.

MGB original.

A bit of a Barry Sheen look going on there

"G" plate on the Mk1 Capri !!! 

My first decent car was a 76 Capri 3.0 Ghia. I still remember the plate OCS 888 R. 

The first of about a dozen or so 3.0 and 2.8 Capris' that I've had over the years. And seeing the prices these days if I'd kept them all I'd be close on being wealthy. 

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

A bit of a Barry Sheen look going on there

We'd just been to the Cars and Car Conversion show in London, and one of the scantily clad young ladies 'made' me buy the jacket. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

one of the scantily clad young ladies 'made' me buy the jacket. :laughing2dw:

Not much changed there then ?

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

Not much changed there then ?

Nope...:laughing2dw:. A semi naked girl draping herself all over me usually does the trick.

I'm so shallow, aren't I? ......and gullible...:laughing2dw:

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Nope...:laughing2dw:. A semi naked girl draping herself all over me usually does the trick.

I'm so shallow, aren't I? ......and gullible...:laughing2dw:

:yes: