Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ford Orion 1.6 Ghia in Portugal..20180902_145549.jpg.82fa1be179651a96c0c56c371e04d974.jpg20180902_144934.jpg.cd22f3b9cc9c9fb87780c10c15380a59.jpg20180902_145632.jpg.428f9a4201e6c1d745841c87deedeffa.jpg

Wow! That's pristine :laugh:

Shame it's not the 1.8i. Did they do a Cosworth Orion?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Wow! That's pristine :laugh:

Shame it's not the 1.8i. Did they do a Cosworth Orion?

 

Ooh, sorry, I can't anwser that...you'd have to ask @BondandBigM...he'll know. :thumbsup:

...but you're right, it was immaculate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2018 at 13:58, Roger the Dodger said:

Nope...:laughing2dw:. A semi naked girl draping herself all over me usually does the trick.

I'm so shallow, aren't I? ......and gullible...:laughing2dw:

Hmm. Pics, or it didn't happen, as the boys say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ooh, sorry, I can't anwser that...you'd have to ask @BondandBigM...he'll know. :thumbsup:

...but you're right, it was immaculate!

After a bit of research it's clear my memory was false. Apparently the 1.6 Ghia was the daddy of the Orion range :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chromejob said:

Hmm. Pics, or it didn't happen, as the boys say. 

 

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Er...it was over 40 years ago....

Ah-ha. I'll amend that to "Polaroids or Instamatic snapshots or it didn't happen." :laugh: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

After a bit of research it's clear my memory was false. Apparently the 1.6 Ghia was the daddy of the Orion range :)

 

Top of the range grandad motor those 

:laugh: :laugh:

This turned up in my culdesac yesterday 

Az6n3B.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2018 at 21:56, BondandBigM said:

My local carpark alway has some interesting stuff 

5Ardwm.jpg

3.8 MK2 Jag tonight

hOOwx8.jpg

I'm almost tempted to use the much misused phrase "mint"

:laugh: :laugh:

What have you seen in your local carpark

:)

Apart from the colour that car is a thing of beauty.  If fan of classic jags, they always look as if they are doing 100mph when they are standing still. Car design has had its peak, now the designers all seem to make little clones of each other’s stuff. Oh well, grumpy old man mode :)

 

Noj

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2018 at 19:41, Roger the Dodger said:

Ford Orion 1.6 Ghia in Portugal..20180902_145549.jpg.82fa1be179651a96c0c56c371e04d974.jpg20180902_144934.jpg.cd22f3b9cc9c9fb87780c10c15380a59.jpg20180902_145632.jpg.428f9a4201e6c1d745841c87deedeffa.jpg

It looks like a standard 1.6L with Ghia badges stuck on, no back seat head rests, headlamp wash or colour coded bumpers on a mk2 orion ghia? Seems to have lost its i too. Mint though. 7 BM in front is more like it. It ain't a ghia colour either i don't think. :whistle:

On 17/06/2018 at 16:45, BondandBigM said:

Another Jag today

:)

lFohJg.jpg

Can't be many of these still going. 

no most were killed off by the nikasil problem...or the plastic chain tensioners...or the front suspension arms...or the rust...apart from that the x308 was one of the better jags...especially in all its incarnations...which is a bit like what George Best said about Beckham, when he said he can't run with the ball...he can't tackle and he can't take a penalty and apart from that hes ok. :biggrin:

Edited by Nigelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nigelp Hey, Nige...nice to see you back! Well I'm no expert on cars...I just saw the Ford parked there and thought it looked pretty cool. I couldn't begin to think what extras it should have had to be pukka.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@Nigelp Hey, Nige...nice to see you back! Well I'm no expert on cars...I just saw the Ford parked there and thought it looked pretty cool. I couldn't begin to think what extras it should have had to be pukka.

Thanks Rog old pal nice to be back, guess the export ones could have been to poverty spec, i'm surprised @BondandBigMdidn't pick up on it. Guess its not posh enough to be on his radar:partytime:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Thanks Rog old pal nice to be back, guess the export ones could have been to poverty spec, i'm surprised @BondandBigMdidn't pick up on it. Guess its not posh enough to be on his radar:partytime:

Actually had a couple back in the day. 

:teethsmile:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Actually had a couple back in the day. 

:teethsmile:

give over is it an urban myth that you could see the welds in the boot where ford had welded the boot on an escort?:laugh:

Edited by Nigelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

give over:laugh:

Seriously 

:yes:

And two Jetta's and a 309 1.9GTI. Surprisingly all of them handled just a tad better than their 3 door hot hatch siblings, possibly a bit more weight over the back axle helped. 

Edited by BondandBigM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Seriously 

:yes:

And two Jetta's and a 309 1.9GTI. Surprisingly all of them handled just a tad better than their 3 door hot hatch siblings, possibly a bit more weight over the back axle helped. 

Ok i'll take your word, i've no experience. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to remember where I'd seen a set of those rims recently, then I remembered...They put a set on the Ford Escort RS Cosworth that Ant Anstead did up on his first episode of Wheeler Dealers in the States. After talking to the original designer who told him that the car should have had 3 tail spoilers, but Ford were too tight to do it, Ant made one and fitted it.

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I was trying to remember where I'd seen a set of those rims recently, then I remembered...They put a set on the Ford Escort RS Cosworth that Ant Anstead did up on his first episode of Wheeler Dealers in the States. After talking to the original designer who told him that the car should have had 3 tail spoilers, but Ford were too tight to do it, Ant made one and fitted it.

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

Don't do pay for view telly, I'll just wait ten years for the endless re runs on Dave. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I was trying to remember where I'd seen a set of those rims recently, then I remembered...They put a set on the Ford Escort RS Cosworth that Ant Anstead did up on his first episode of Wheeler Dealers in the States. After talking to the original designer who told him that the car should have had 3 tail spoilers, but Ford were too tight to do it, Ant made one and fitted it.

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

Image result for wheeler dealers ford escort cosworth

you are pulling my leg now rog :teethsmile:

any way its my dads birthday and i've got to take the dog out. I'll catch you lads tomorrow, tell bond to behave while i'm gone. :thumbsup:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Don't do pay for view telly, I'll just wait ten years for the endless re runs on Dave. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

Here you go...edited highlights of that episode....

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bentley of sorts. Lives up to the fast truck nick name bugatti gave them i guess...20181021_172652.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

OXN4gdM.jpg
Saw this mint gsi nova in tenerife . 
Cool left the xr2 standing in its day

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2018 at 21:13, r-macus said:

OXN4gdM.jpg

Saw this mint gsi nova in tenerife . 

Nice, had one back in the day. 

Have seen loads of clean old golf's, novas and Renault 5 ford's and the like on our holidays to the Canaries. 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...