• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

for all i know the ones on a jag xj40 were swiss! They broke off in my hand and i was stuck with the 1922 committee in maggies old series 3 she got kicked out of. 

I think they were rubbed with Swiss cheese mould, resulting in hallucinations in this instance.

• Haha 1

Just now, WRENCH said:

I think they were rubbed with Swiss cheese mould, resulting in hallucinations in this instance.

you're good ive to hand it too you :laughing2dw:

6 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

you're good ive to hand it too you :laughing2dw:

It's down to bad politicians and filthy air.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

It's down to bad politicians and filthy air.

it is it is i cant deny that i had a german bloody bmw that pumped more soot out than the flying scotchman

Image result for flying scotsman

fortunately a welsh woman killed it 

sorry mate must have missed it, thats more like it not this cobbled together British stuff from year dot
what you should have done is walk around the other side and photo the other 5.5 badge seems the Germans cant do handed badges. Peed me off on my 55
i got them to take them off
35853306852_27df4f7563_b.jpg

I was ‘thought of’ around a decade after you :)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Igerswis said:

I was ‘thought of’ around a decade after you :)

you are in your prime, make the most of it! Time flies once you get past 30. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Sun was shining and some modern metal turned up. 

The picture doesn't do the colour justice 

48104868606_1fd87353b4_b.jpg

Then this AMG A35 pop, fizzed & banged up, sounded awesome. Surely a future hot hatch classic. 

48104868376_a83d6bb755_b.jpg

And then there was a bit of fibreglass 

Probably more expensive than anything in the carpark. 

48104982672_83e157600f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Saw this today

El Camino at a rough guess a 68 or 69, had a bit of that Chevy V8 burble going on which tells me it wasn't "stock" 

Tidy 

48161734921_140b743794_b.jpg

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Saw this today

El Camino at a rough guess a 68 or 69, had a bit of that Chevy V8 burble going on which tells me it wasn't "stock" 

Tidy 

48161734921_140b743794_b.jpg

nearly bought another bm have you seen this bargain?

well driven, it would wap the porker 'cos you ain't scared of pinging it. 330i not cat sport...lot quicker than they think and a grand.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906289487358?make=BMW&colour=Red&postcode=ll284su&advertising-location=at_cars&model=3 SERIES&radius=1500&body-type=Saloon&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&page=1

accbb480c00a46be86141c155d5bb92c.jpg

I should just send the lad 1500 quid and get him to drive it up. 

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

nearly bought another bm have you seen this bargain?

well driven, it would wap the porker 'cos you ain't scared of pinging it. 330i not cat sport...lot quicker than they think and a grand.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906289487358?make=BMW&colour=Red&postcode=ll284su&advertising-location=at_cars&model=3 SERIES&radius=1500&body-type=Saloon&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&page=1

accbb480c00a46be86141c155d5bb92c.jpg

I should just send the lad 1500 quid and get him to drive it up. 

Looks nice but and I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong it's just to cheap to be right. 

In my mind anyway at that price I have a feeling you'd just be buying someone else's bag of trouble. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Looks nice but and I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong it's just to cheap to be right. 

In my mind anyway at that price I have a feeling you'd just be buying someone else's bag of trouble. 

i agree, the mot history checks out good as well, which makes it a bit more weird, it should be 2.5k to 3 grand i think? There was a porsche boxster for a grand on the trader in wrexham last year or so it was £1000 too..it was a ratty one though...nevertheless a running boxster for a grand?...I rang about it and told the lad id drive up and pay him the grand and drive it away, it was only in wrexham not far from me really. He kept putting me off, eventually after about 5 calls he got around to asking for a 50 quid deposit...i refused and said id drive up be there in 1 hour with a grand in cash and the phone went down. The same car was on car and classic for 3.5k...theyd nicked the ad and very fishing for deposits. So i sent a message to the trader with the car and classic ad and they removed it. 

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

i agree, the mot history checks out good as well, which makes it a bit more weird, it should be 2.5k to 3 grand i think? There was a porsche boxster for a grand on the trader in wrexham last year or so it was £1000 too..it was a ratty one though...nevertheless a running boxster for a grand?...I rang about it and told the lad id drive up and pay him the grand and drive it away, it was only in wrexham not far from me really. He kept putting me off, eventually after about 5 calls he got around to asking for a 50 quid deposit...i refused and said id drive up be there in 1 hour with a grand in cash and the phone went down. The same car was on car and classic for 3.5k...theyd nicked the ad and very fishing for deposits. So i sent a message to the trader with the car and classic ad and they removed it. 

Yep possibly some sort of scam going on, when you have a look there are plenty still going for a few quid more than that.

When I bought mine I tried a 330 convertible and to honest I didn’t think there was much difference over the 325 I bought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep possibly some sort of scam going on, when you have a look there are plenty still going for a few quid more than that.

When I bought mine I tried a 330 convertible and to honest I didn’t think there was much difference over the 325 I bought.

what about this mate?

this mercedes looks spot on less than 100k on clock and less than 1500 quid...black clk320

30830238d7d343388f4a28565c68ad8b.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906309562916?postcode=ll284su&transmission=Automatic&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=50&page=4

45 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

@Nigelp

A8 looking good on its five spoke Comp alloys.

48221955166_3eb942f511_b.jpg

And they are cheap as chips, I’m almost tempted 

:)

we paid 4 grand for our mint 100k mile 2005 example 3ltr petrol, its actually my dads car and they (mum and dad) love it, its been totally relaible too and the mpg is very good mid 20's around town and high 30's on a run, apparently helped by the trick variable autobox. I can highly recommend them. Much better nicer to ride in and look at and feels better finished and built than any of the s class mercs we had (as was the vw phaeton) and thats my dads verdict so must be right ;-)

My gti is proving a fast handy reliable little motor. 68fe9884e967eb4c62b8752815d97983.jpg977cba4dc52717be932ced7fe8871b87.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Our a8 on the drive just now274c43641d5f4a1e23e9c33b71b3eea5.jpg

• Like 1

This has recently parked up or maybe that should be moored. 

I don't know anything about boats but for some reason this one caught my eye and looks the business, the floating equivalent of a fast two seat GT that could wisk you off to the Med or down to the Canaries in comfort without breaking sweat. 

48338835051_c225c243e1_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

This has recently parked up or maybe that should be moored. 

I don't know anything about boats but for some reason this one caught my eye and looks the business, the floating equivalent of a fast two seat GT that could wisk you off to the Med or down to the Canaries in comfort without breaking sweat. 

48338835051_c225c243e1_b.jpg

have you ever thought of going into boat sales? I did it for a while on conwy marina its fun.

22 hours ago, Nigelp said:

have you ever thought of going into boat sales? I did it for a while on conwy marina its fun.

Might not be very profitable employment.

Our Marina is mostly used for laying up. I very much doubt if there is the sort of money around here to indulge in such expensive toys. 

You want to bankrupt your self quickly don't buy an old Porsche just buy a boat. 

:laughing2dw:  :laughing2dw:

Friends of ours converted an old steel hull into a des res, properly smart inside but it went on fire twice and they had to bale out, the cat was a bit singed and wet. 

I did suggest a wood burner probably wasn't a good idea on a boat.

Watched to many of these daft eco warrior live the life save the planet telly programs. 

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Might not be very profitable employment.

Our Marina is mostly used for laying up. I very much doubt if there is the sort of money around here to indulge in such expensive toys. 

You want to bankrupt your self quickly don't buy an old Porsche just buy a boat. 

:laughing2dw:  :laughing2dw:

Friends of ours converted an old steel hull into a des res, properly smart inside but it went on fire twice and they had to bale out, the cat was a bit singed and wet. 

I did suggest a wood burner probably wasn't a good idea on a boat.

Watched to many of these daft eco warrior live the life save the planet telly programs. 

:biggrin:

i fancy a porsche cayman they are dropping now keep the gti and just have it has a toy. 

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

i fancy a porsche cayman they are dropping now keep the gti and just have it has a toy. 

I could get a run out in the girl's next door. 

But it will be like my 944, probably handled and went better but just not a 911

47078615674_23a172315b_b.jpg

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I could get a run out in the girl's next door. 
But it will be like my 944, probably handled and went better but just not a 911
47078615674_23a172315b_b.jpg :laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

True i might get an old polo instead

de5d5b86b8fe77f495294ad40a0f79f3.jpg

on my morning walk with tanya

a7680b45a7f44a12c5e5223cdbc9af73.jpg