Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

On our annual dirty weekend in Blackpool, this G63 was parked outside a boozer we were in.

48386087211_fdbfdd7952_b.jpg48386088171_dc7819988d_b.jpg

Nice !!!

 

give over

 

Image result for lamborghini lm 500

it looks like a cheap biscuit tin next to the lambo. 

On 26/07/2019 at 11:14, KevG said:

This morning in Morrisons Car Park  A60 Cambridge

Cambridge

 

my dad had a few in the 60's farinas i think, it looks pregnant with filler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

give over

 

Image result for lamborghini lm 500

it looks like a cheap biscuit tin next to the lambo. 

 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Fair point but I doubt if you’ll see one in Blackpool 

:biggrin:

You recently mentioned Jag V12’s but the V12’s in these old Lambos is sublime 

And old mate of mine had a couple of Espadas and nothing sounded quite like their old quad cam V12’s with their six down drafts at full chat, horrendous fuel consumption though.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Fair point but I doubt if you’ll see one in Blackpool 

:biggrin:

You recently mentioned Jag V12’s but the V12’s in these old Lambos is sublime 

And old mate of mine had a couple of Espadas and nothing sounded quite like their old quad cam V12’s with their six down drafts at full chat, horrendous fuel consumption though.

 

I had a v12 xjs when i was 22 and managed to spend 50 quid a week going to work which was about 2 miles away though i did go home for my dinner too ;-) Managed a buck and a 1/4 on the...(m 6) following a lambo countach that left the Jag for dead. I'd just left a merc 500 sec for dead, the lambo was a different league. My jag was an 87, the time was circa 95 :-) I still love jags something about them that the germans dont get. 

Image result for jag xjs v12

 

hows big m? In Blackpool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 14:20, BondandBigM said:

Sun was shining and some modern metal turned up. 

The picture doesn't do the colour justice 

48104868606_1fd87353b4_b.jpg

Then this AMG A35 pop, fizzed & banged up, sounded awesome. Surely a future hot hatch classic. 

48104868376_a83d6bb755_b.jpg

And then there was a bit of fibreglass 

Probably more expensive than anything in the carpark. 

48104982672_83e157600f_b.jpg

 

 

      Well mr. bond;   this is a good time to spend some of those yankee bucks on a big yacht and learn to sail.  vin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

@Nigelp

Round the corner from me 

The less doors do look good in "Mars Red" on BBS CH's

:)

48396495487_0d1d208a01_b.jpg48396495172_3b71cf784d_b.jpg

 

 

thats a cracker mrb, i like the bee sting on the roof, looks like an edition 30, the 3 doors are the nicest to me as well much neater and i love the colour mine is very subtle in shadow blue and the plate on that could pass for nige...cracking little cars, I reckon you should get one ;-) you are a vw gti dyed in the wool man after all :-)

 

the mk 5 is the same but newer grandadbond @BondandBigM :-)

 

 

its more this 

 

than this.

 

both good though the 5 is slightly more brutal. with 200ps and a turbo ;-) though by christ when i was 14 bonnie was something. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nigelp said:

thats a cracker mrb, i like the bee sting on the roof, looks like an edition 30, the 3 doors are the nicest to me as well much neater and i love the colour mine is very subtle in shadow blue and the plate on that could pass for nige...cracking little cars, I reckon you should get one ;-) you are a vw gti dyed in the wool man after all :-)

 

the mk 5 is the same but newer grandadbond @BondandBigM :-)

 

 

its more this 

 

than this.

 

both good though the 5 is slightly more brutal. with 200ps and a turbo ;-) though by christ when i was 14 bonnie was something. 

Yep my TT was the last of the front wheel drive MK1's with 190hp. It was a fiesty little thing when it went. 

I have my eye on another engine for it from a 225 quattro but it's just a question of whether it's worth throwing any more money at it. 

16 hours ago, vinn said:

      Well mr. bond;   this is a good time to spend some of those yankee bucks on a big yacht and learn to sail.  vin

Nice as something like that would be if I had some big bucks to blow I'd prefer my Yank boat engine in a different kind of Fast Glass. 

vette.jpg

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/legacy/history/week12

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesco this morning

VW2VW

Think this would trip on a matchstick let alone a speed hump, Nice Karman though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KevG said:

Tesco this morning

VW2VW

Think this would trip on a matchstick let alone a speed hump, Nice Karman though

Lovely cars.owned one for a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KevG said:

Tesco this morning

VW

Think this would trip on a matchstick let alone a speed hump, Nice Karman though

Can't see the point in lowering one of these ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep my TT was the last of the front wheel drive MK1's with 190hp. It was a fiesty little thing when it went. 

I have my eye on another engine for it from a 225 quattro but it's just a question of whether it's worth throwing any more money at it. 

Nice as something like that would be if I had some big bucks to blow I'd prefer my Yank boat engine in a different kind of Fast Glass. 

vette.jpg

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/legacy/history/week12

:)

figures you quote shows how rapid the mk5 3 door gti is with 200bhp. Its a class act. Get one go on bond you know you need a mk5 gti 

forget the ageing drug dealer beemer and the old gif merc...you need to be young again. In something cheap carefree fast and sexy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this today, can't be too many left as tidy as this one. 

48446422681_bfd148e2d6_b.jpg48446581662_d490d1514e_b.jpg

I've seen it around town for a few years now. It would be interesting to find out if it still had the original engine or as lot of them ended up with, a Rover V8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Saw this today, can't be too many left as tidy as this one. 

48446422681_bfd148e2d6_b.jpg48446581662_d490d1514e_b.jpg

I've seen it around town for a few years now. It would be interesting to find out if it still had the original engine or as lot of them ended up with, a Rover V8

on double yellows with no disabled badge...admit it its yours you flogged the steiny wannabe and bought a snag :-)

they were crap, the capri with less taste. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nigelp said:

 

they were crap, the capri with less taste. 

The engines were notoriously bad news but I always thought they were a nice looking thing. A bit different back then. 

jpeg

:biggrin:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

The engines were notoriously bad news but I always thought they were a nice looking thing. A bit different back then. 

jpeg

:biggrin:

 

to be fair the stag has always been a nice car i was pulling your leg, the exhausts look good. It looks very original. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Two Dolomites welded together, so I was told.

Or the Dolly four cylinders were half a Stag V8 or a Saab engine as well

Depends on which old codger you speak to at car shows. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Or the Dolly four cylinders were half a Stag V8 or a Saab engine as well

Depends on which old codger you speak to at car shows. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

   Old codger speeking here;   car shows were realy good.   engine swaps, very common.   NOW,   who is going to put an electric motor in place of a 454 cu V 8 AND say its faster?  vin

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Or the Dolly four cylinders were half a Stag V8 or a Saab engine as well

Depends on which old codger you speak to at car shows. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

I heard the Stag was two Dolomites when I worked for Rover Triumph in about 1974. It was supposed to use parts they already had tooling for to keep the cost down. Like that was ever going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vinn said:

   Old codger speeking here;   car shows were realy good.   engine swaps, very common.   NOW,   who is going to put an electric motor in place of a 454 cu V 8 AND say its faster?  vin

Lots of people these days, just can’t get very far though but then again you wouldn’t  get far with a 4/5 mpg big block two ton car at full chat either 

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Saw this immaculate Turbo Cab yesterday.

Sat outside Wetherspoons. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

48615872698_5601ee18ca_b.jpg

 

looks like a turbo s nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nigelp said:

looks like a turbo s nice. 

It was spotless, not a mark on it. 

Another one that sits round the corner from me and never seems to move. 

48617113661_d4aeefdb1a_b.jpg

And this F-Type yesterday, I like these, pretty cars. Another classic in the making. When I was taking a couple of snaps the owner turned up and said I could have a shot. But I was full of Bank holiday booze, shame maybe another day. 

48617604783_f4717cd788_b.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 14:05, BondandBigM said:

It was spotless, not a mark on it. 

Another one that sits round the corner from me and never seems to move. 

48617113661_d4aeefdb1a_b.jpg

And this F-Type yesterday, I like these, pretty cars. Another classic in the making. When I was taking a couple of snaps the owner turned up and said I could have a shot. But I was full of Bank holiday booze, shame maybe another day. 

48617604783_f4717cd788_b.jpg

 

 

 

some fancy motors parked up for a council house estate mate, not like in my day it was rusty Ford Cortinas up Bleak House in Burnley.

Image result for bleak house estate burnley

 

thing is the uk is littered with fancy motors now, everythings a merc, a bm a porsche, if you see a rusty cortina you'd stop and look! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...