• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Davey P

Not been around here for a few days...

Keep drinking the fluids, Davey, preferably water. "Let the rivers run..." 

I was advised that's a good protection against future kidney stone issues, drink lots of water.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Henryviii said:

Good luck! Sounds like an awful experience all round...

Thanks mate, it's not really that bad at the moment, just tedious waiting for the stone to be expelled... The pain is bearable, more like a dull ache in my back and side (and nuts - Too much information! :laughing2dw:).  I'm booked in for a CT Scan on 10th July, so hopefully that will tell us more about what is happening.

5 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Completely missed this Davey - hope it doesn’t sting too much when you fire those bad boys out :laughing2dw:

Thanks mate, much appreciated.  Er, I think! :tongue:

40 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Thanks mate, it's not really that bad at the moment, just tedious waiting for the stone to be expelled... The pain is bearable, more like a dull ache in my back and side (and nuts - Too much information! :laughing2dw:).  I'm booked in for a CT Scan on 10th July, so hopefully that will tell us more about what is happening.

Either way - not fun. I had a suspected kidney stone a while back. Turned out to be muscular. Not sure which I'd rather. I seem to have on and off issues with my back. Damned tight hammies from cycling :(

40 minutes ago, Davey P said:

The pain is bearable, more like a dull ache in my back and side (and nuts - Too much information! :laughing2dw:)

Is that what you use when the girlfriend offers a massage to help ease the pain - "yes please - the worst pain is in my.........."

5 minutes ago, Henryviii said:

Either way - not fun. I had a suspected kidney stone a while back. Turned out to be muscular. Not sure which I'd rather. I seem to have on and off issues with my back. Damned tight hammies from cycling :(

Yep, I thought I'd pulled a muscle in my back at first, the pain is very similar :yes:

5 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Is that what you use when the girlfriend offers a massage to help ease the pain - "yes please - the worst pain is in my.........."

No.

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Yep, I thought I'd pulled a muscle in my back at first, the pain is very similar :yes:

Chin up dear chap.

In our agricultural circles it's know as a couple of little....acres! :biggrin:

:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Still hasn't passed? :mad0218: I presume you're still on the whatchamacallit meds to loosen things up. And keep drinking water, until you're sick of it. Seriously, I did and the offending bugger was out in a couple of days. Worried for you, Davey.... 

• Thanks 1

On 29/06/2018 at 17:25, Chromejob said:

Still hasn't passed? :mad0218: I presume you're still on the whatchamacallit meds to loosen things up. And keep drinking water, until you're sick of it. Seriously, I did and the offending bugger was out in a couple of days. Worried for you, Davey.... 

Oooft made me squirm just thinking about it....

• Haha 1

At least I had it only twice and it was the rarer uric acid stones, rather the much more common billiard ball size Calcium ones :) :).

Then 10 years later I started to get gout ?? I don't drink much, not especially overweight, exercise fairly regularly and don't eat all the high uric acid foods ??

Not your stereotypical gout sufferer???

The stones still hurt like f**k - until they eventually found the morphine cupboard key at the hospital (and I was sick in the waiting room through the pain).

Yeah- it's and odd pain - a very dull ache, yes very much like a muscle pull, that just gets more and more unbearable :( :(

Anyway...back to 3D printing of a clock !!!!!!

Edited by odyseus10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, themysterybidder said:

Just wondered how you were doing @Davey P?  Hope all is well.  :)

Not too bad at the moment, thanks for asking.  I'm booked into hospital tomorrow for 2 appointments, first for a CT Scan, and then an hour later I'll see the Urology consultant who will look at the scan and let me know what happens next.  I haven't had any pain for over a week, so no need for the mega strong painkillers, but I haven't seen or felt anything, er, "passing", so I'm not sure what that could mean yet.  I'll put the results on here after tomorrow though.

6 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Not too bad at the moment, thanks for asking.  I'm booked into hospital tomorrow for 2 appointments, first for a CT Scan, and then an hour later I'll see the Urology consultant who will look at the scan and let me know what happens next.  I haven't had any pain for over a week, so no need for the mega strong painkillers, but I haven't seen or felt anything, er, "passing", so I'm not sure what that could mean yet.  I'll put the results on here after tomorrow though.

That's good that you're not in pain at the moment.  All the best for tomorrow.  :king:  

• Thanks 1

Just a quick update to this one, I was in hospital yesterday for an operation to remove the stone, but it was unsuccessful because the tube between kidney and bladder where the stone is stuck was too tight. The surgeon had to put a stent in to widen the tube, but didn't want to go any further and start breaking up the stone in case he caused more damage than necessary, so I've got to have a 2nd operation in a few weeks time.  The worst part was I couldn't pee after the op was finished, so they had to fit a catheter and I need to keep that on for a week.  Great, I'm officially an old geezer who has to pee in a bag, my life is complete :laughing2dw:

I'll update this again after the next procedure...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

The worst part was I couldn't pee after the op was finished, so they had to fit a catheter and I need to keep that on for a week.  Great, I'm officially an old geezer who has to pee in a bag, my life is complete :laughing2dw:

It's wierd (and painful) when that happens. Years ago, I had arrived in hospital after a car accident, and while waiting on the gurney for someone to come and see me, I needed a pee. The nurse bought a bottle, but try as I might, my body just wouldn't let me go. It got to the point where I was in so much pain, I thought my bladder was going to burst. In the end, they had to catherterise me to release the wee. Strange how the body can refuse to let you go, even when you need to. It must be a bit like being unable to pee when someone comes and stands next to you in the stalls. I sympathise with you, Dave.

• Thanks 1

Just one more final update to this one, I went into Peterborough General Hospital on Friday and had a 2nd operation, and this time it was successful! :yahoo:

The surgeon was bloody brilliant, and has managed to remove the main offending stone which was trapped tightly in the tube between kidney and bladder, then he also got to another large stone inside the kidney itself and removed that as well.  Honestly, the way they describe it, this might as well be science fiction, with lasers and cameras going into... well... places you would believe possible! :laughing2dw:  He fitted a catheter again due to my previous experience (he'd discussed that with me before the operation went ahead), and that will be removed tomorrow, together with a temporary stent which replaced the previous one he'd fitted.  This one is on a "string" - In reality, a tiny thin wire that will get pulled out at the same time as the catheter tube - Ouch!).  All very unpleasant, but necessary and at least this time he fitted it while I was unconscious so I didn't feel it going in, which was the worst part on the previous one.

I was going to put this pic on the WRUW thread, but they kept me in overnight and I didn't get home until late last night:

20180908_100252

I like the colour of the strap, but the timekeeping on this one is rubbish! :tongue:

Once again, thanks very much to everyone who took the time to comment here, it was greatly appreciated and cheered me up at quite a difficult time :thumbs_up:

:rltrlt:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Just one more final update to this one, I went into Peterborough General Hospital on Friday and had a 2nd operation, and this time it was successful! :yahoo:

The surgeon was bloody brilliant, and has managed to remove the main offending stone which was trapped tightly in the tube between kidney and bladder, then he also got to another large stone inside the kidney itself and removed that as well.  Honestly, the way they describe it, this might as well be science fiction, with lasers and cameras going into... well... places you would believe possible! :laughing2dw:  He fitted a catheter again due to my previous experience (he'd discussed that with me before the operation went ahead), and that will be removed tomorrow, together with a temporary stent which replaced the previous one he'd fitted.  This one is on a "string" - In reality, a tiny thin wire that will get pulled out at the same time as the catheter tube - Ouch!).  All very unpleasant, but necessary and at least this time he fitted it while I was unconscious so I didn't feel it going in, which was the worst part on the previous one.

I was going to put this pic on the WRUW thread, but they kept me in overnight and I didn't get home until late last night:

20180908_100252

I like the colour of the strap, but the timekeeping on this one is rubbish! :tongue:

Once again, thanks very much to everyone who took the time to comment here, it was greatly appreciated and cheered me up at quite a difficult time :thumbs_up:

:rltrlt:

welcome back to the watches!  vin

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, r-macus said:

New watch to celebrate your recovery davey? :whistle:

Er, yes, I got it in a week early:

20180821_122011

:laughing2dw:

• Like 1

Great to hear everything's sorted Dave...that must be a relief. Onwards and upwards, mate. If I'd known you were in for 'servicing' while I was away, I might have bought you that limited edition TW.....aah well...:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Great to hear everything's sorted Dave...that must be a relief. Onwards and upwards, mate. If I'd known you were in for 'servicing' while I was away, I might have bought you that limited edition TW.....aah well...:rofl:

Never too late :whistle:

@Davey PGood to hear that the stones have finally `moved' after the best (worst) part of 3 months. 

• Thanks 1