• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New arrival - and it took me 45 years to save up for it

Great watch, certainly an all time classic?

One area of concern, the bracelet.   These are lovely on leather but last time I saw a bracelet one I wasn't impressed with the feel of it.   How do you find this one and will you have a spare strap so you can change it up?

Happy 60th and great choice.

WOW. Best wishes for your 60th birthday . Welcome to the club;sixties are the new fifties !   You have very discerning taste . The Duke of Windsor Edward the VIII wore a Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso and he is generally regarded as one of the most dapper men in history.

That's an iconic and historic design, congratulations on getting one. I'm glad you're happy with that handsome watch.:thumbsup:

Rowena offered buy me a nice watch late last year, but I chose a new garage roof.:jawdrop1:

The new roof is a nice timber and felt type, the felt has a fifteen year warranty and should last me out. Including the disposal of the horrible "asbestolux", it cost £2,750. :huh:

I know, that's good watch money. But I've always been a sucker for a good roof.

However, the joint account was never likely to be all the money I ever had.:wink: