• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
PC-Magician

Question For Sinn & Damasko Owners

Which is the easiest to maintain?

Sinn Or Damasko from what I can see Damasko need to go back to germany so thoughts from owners of either brand whould be appreciated.

• Like 1

In the UK Chronomaster is the authorised dealer for Sinn, although I’m sure all repairs and maintenance is done by Sinn themselves in Germany. 

Jura watches and Page & Cooper are also dealers. And yes they all go back to Germany for service. I would rate Sinn higher than Damasko

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would rate the case of Damasko as higher than that of Sinn.

I have always found it odd, when they are meant to be so hardened, adverts for Sinn that mention slight damage to the case, bezel and so on. there's a P&C video that shows them trying to scratch a Damasko case with a screw and failing.

Edited by Caller.

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

I would rate the case of Damasko as higher than that of Sinn.

I have always found it odd, when they are meant to be so hardened, adverts for Sinn that mention slight damage to the case, bezel and so on. there's a P&C video that shows them trying to scratch a Damasko case with a screw and failing.

This is interesting.

3 hours ago, Rob.B said:

Jura watches and Page & Cooper are also dealers. And yes they all go back to Germany for service. I would rate Sinn higher than Damasko

Could you explain why?

Thank you.

Apparently Page & Cooper can service Sinn in the UK but I think this only applies to the basic Sinn models so no Ar or Hydro models. Personally, I'd rather send them back to Sinn in Germany.

I've had Damasko and Sinn watches and Damasko's ice hardening is definitely tougher than Sinn's tegimented process. I had a DA47 that was 8 years old when it left me and there wasn't a mark on it. 

The problem is they both use unique technologies (Ar or Hydro in Sinn's case, or viton gaskets and Si patented works in the Damasko chronographs) so unless a local watchmaker can get parts from either then it's back to base.

Otherwise, they use standard ETA movements and I'm sure standard gaskets would suffice, so for a basic three-hander, a competent independent shouldn't have any trouble servicing them.

• Like 2

They are both awkward to service properly and they are both great. Do Damasko scratch? Well I had a DA36 with NATO rash so yes they bloody well do. That aside, having experienced both I am definitely a fan. NATO rash aside, I consider that Damasko make the best tool 3 hander on the market. Bar none. Sinn are OK but play send fiddle in my mind, but second fiddle to Damsko is still playing at a high level. Neither make an elegant chrono since they use the fat as hell 7750 like most other small manufacturers.

Edited by Padders
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

This is interesting.

Could you explain why?

Thank you.

No other reason than my own personal opinion. I cant get away with the crosshairs on all there watches I think it spoils an otherwise perfect dial...

Edited by Rob.B
  • Like 1

IIRC you can get a Sinn 3-hander with an ETA 2892 in it, where Damasko use the 2836?  Both easy enough to maintain, but it would put me off the Damasko a bit.  Unless they've started specifying what grade of movement they use?  A 'decent' 2836 I could cope with...

• Like 1