• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Photo's blurring

I wonder if anyone can help?

When I was looking at the thread re: the incoming inox, I added a photo, which initially was sharp and in focus, when I looked at it later, the photo appears blurred and out of focus. It's the same on the PO thread, where I added two pics, they are now blurred and out of focus. So I just checked the thread I started about my new Mido and sure enough the same thing has happened - does anyone know why?

Or do they still look okay to everyone else? It's just occurred to me after starting writing this post that I am using a different laptop to the one I use at home (I am in Bkk) and this one has a lower spec. But not to the extent the quality of photos is affected, they are still fine where they are hosted, just not in this forum.

Here's the Mido thread if it helps:

Edited by Caller.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Pretty much all the photos on here are blurred now, on the new Omega and Rolex threads, the nut thread and others. It must be a laptop issue and I'll have a look to see if I have accidentally changed something - wondering if it might be a 'night saver' thing? Back to Hua Hin in the morning and my main laptop and I am sure everything will be fine there. 

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Edited by Caller.
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2018 at 13:03, Caller. said:

I wonder if anyone can help?

When I was looking at the thread re: the incoming inox, I added a photo, which initially was sharp and in focus, when I looked at it later, the photo appears blurred and out of focus. It's the same on the PO thread, where I added two pics, they are now blurred and out of focus. So I just checked the thread I started about my new Mido and sure enough the same thing has happened - does anyone know why?

Or do they still look okay to everyone else? It's just occurred to me after starting writing this post that I am using a different laptop to the one I use at home (I am in Bkk) and this one has a lower spec. But not to the extent the quality of photos is affected, they are still fine where they are hosted, just not in this forum.

Here's the Mido thread if it helps:

Looks fine, probably on your end. If it's on a specific laptop, type CTRL+SHIFT+0 (zero) in most browsers to reset the zoom to 100%. Maybe you've got it zoomed in or out and the display isn't up to it. Also ensure your display choice is set to the native resolution of the computer/monitor, 65,000 colors or better. Sometimes when people change display resolutions the resulting display is "foggy." ;) 

• Like 2

@Chromejob Thanks. When I view a photo from the Mido thread and ask about the photo on the dreaded cortana, it says it doesn't know much but asks if I wish to see the full sized pic, which is perfect. But I am struggling to find a way of fixing it to full size. Tried the suggestions above, but to no avail. It's the same on both laptops because of synch. Back in Hua Hin now and watching the late footie kick off isn't helping - nearly 3am here. I know it will be an easy fix when I can find how, that's proving to be the difficult part.

3 hours ago, Caller. said:

@Chromejob Thanks. When I view a photo from the Mido thread and ask about the photo on the dreaded cortana, it says it doesn't know much but asks if I wish to see the full sized pic, which is perfect. But I am struggling to find a way of fixing it to full size. ...

On many forums, including this one AFAIK, if an image is so large that the full resolution would break the forum "theme," it is resized and shown with a little yellow bar that allows the image to pop up in full resolution (pop-over, or new window). I think this forum's software pops-over a full-aspect view of the image surrounded by a black matte (reduced resolution if the image is huge); clicking that image opens a new tab/window with the full size image. 

You wouldn't want to make the image "full size" on the message topic page because it could break the formatting of the forum on some users' computers. E.g. if your image is 3500x2500, and most users' computers' resolution is, say,  1920x1080, your image would exceed the screen resolution. The forum software thoughtfully  presents a reduced resolution version of it that will fit within the reply frame. For me, these are very accurate, not "blurred." 

There's a thread in the Forum bugs, enhancements section where Roy has been troubleshooting an issue with gallery image presentation in threads. 

Perhaps I didn't understand you, but the part I underlined is probably a futile effort. 

Edited by Chromejob
  • Like 1

Right, I'm struggling with this now. 

As for the above, my pics are reduced to 'forum size' before they are posted, although I still see huge photos on this site.

And I have just noticed a pic I posted on the CW forum has the same problem, but has also been reduced by less than half it's original size. For the 1st couple of days after I posted the pic it was fine.

But I have just noticed an anomaly between a settings recommendation and my actual display. The settings recommendation for 'change the size of apps and text on the main display' is 150% and that is shown as what is being used. Except it's not, on the screen I am typing this on, the actual setting being used is 100%.

If I change the size on the settings function it affects how the page on display in settings looks as well as on here. But whatever size I change the display to on the settings page, the size being shown on the display i.e. looking at this page as I am typing on it, always shows 100%, irrespective of the fact in reality it is much larger or much smaller.

When I change the size of display on this page, it shows the size it has been reduced or increased by, yet when I check the settings page, it still shows 150%

Is that normal, or could that be the source of the problem? If the latter, how can it be fixed so that they are aligned. :mad0218:

I didn't understand any of that, totally lost me. Settings on the computer? Settings of the browser? I need you to be explicit. 

WHAT is the resolution of your physical screen? 1920x1080 (widescreen)? 1024x768 (old resolution)? Not the setting in Windows, but that actual resolution of the monitor. Windows should tell you somewhere in the hardware profile controls. Also, make sure your monitor settings (in the monitor menu) are not zoomed or changed from "native" resolution. 

Now ... WHAT is the resolution set to in Windows display settings? Same? If not, make it so. Or ... 100%. Not "bigger" or "smaller," but the same native resolution. 

Now ... WHAT is your browser set at, 100%? If not, make it so. If you need text bigger or smaller, user the browser preferences/settings to increase/decrease the default display font (works on many sites, but not all). 

... Maybe some screenshots would help. 

Edited by Chromejob

Thanks Chromejob, but the problem seems to have been fixed. Noticed earlier in the 'complaint' thread that my pic was back to normal (it had been reacted to and I couldn't remember what it was, so had a look). Checked the other pics and they are all fine now.

I don't know how, or why, but pleased it has been resolved. Thanks for all your help.

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

Thanks Chromejob, but the problem seems to have been fixed. Noticed earlier in the 'complaint' thread that my pic was back to normal (it had been reacted to and I couldn't remember what it was, so had a look). Checked the other pics and they are all fine now.

I don't know how, or why, but pleased it has been resolved. Thanks for all your help.

I took care of that for you, forgot to tell you that I did. :wicked: Cheers, mate, you can buy me a Thai iced coffee sometime. :drinks: 

• Haha 2