• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
BondandBigM

Incoming - Japanese Content !!

This was in the sale hiding at the back of the Seiko display in my Local Jewellers. Their mainstay is mostly fashion stuff so not the sort of thing you'd normally see. 

y89MN7.jpg

So after an unfathomable rush of blood to the head and a few of Big M's quids it was mine. I didn't even have my glasses on me so couldn't really even see it properly. The girl was a bit surprised when she had hardly stuck on my wrist and I just said I'll take it

:laugh: :laugh:

You all know my general dislike of Seikos and its not a patch quality wise on my LV but on the wrist it's a really nice looking bit of kit. 

:)

I might be converted 

:biggrin:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

This was in the sale hiding at the back of the Seiko display in my Local Jewellers. Their mainstay is mostly fashion stuff so not the sort of thing you'd normally see. 

y89MN7.jpg

So after an unfathomable rush of blood to the head and a few of Big M's quids it was mine. I didn't even have my glasses on me so couldn't really even see it properly. The girl was a bit surprised when she had hardly stuck on my wrist and I just said I'll take it

You all know my general dislike of Seikos and its not a patch quality wise on my LV but on the wrist it's a really nice looking bit of kit. 

I might be converted 

:sign_wtf:

:swoon:

Thought I'd seen it all...next you'll be telling us you've become a methodist!

:laugh:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

:sign_wtf:

:swoon:

Thought I'd seen it all...next you'll be telling us you've become a methodist!

:laugh:

And for once there wasn't even any drink involved although to be fair I drank a bottle of Smirnoff and a few Blue Wickeds last night so I might still have been suffering from the after effects. 

• Haha 1

Was the price good ?

Pathetic that you bought a mechanical watch but oh well... Some people just have low self-esteem. :sadwalk:

6 minutes ago, gimli said:

Was the price good ?

No idea never looked at them before but it was 20% plus another couple of quid off their the listed price. 

Not even looked to see how much they are on the net. 

Anyway it doesn't matter as I just sent Big M to the bank and she returned with the required amount and paid. 

I just walked out with the box in a bag

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 1

well at least its not that swiss charity rubbish you usually wear :laugh::tongue::biggrin:

nice to see you in a proper Japanese watch even if it is a pepsi 

• Haha 2

I tried on a Seiko in a sale today myself... almost too nice to pass up but I controlled my impulses because I can't be depleting my meagre finances at a time when all my spare cash is going to the Explorer fund.

I do like those Seiko divers though - pure class!

Things I never thought I'd see. A mermaid. A snake eating its tail. A humble politician. Bond going googoo eyes over a Seiko PADI diver. 

Wait'l you see it in the dark, chum. :clap: :yes: 

Edited by Chromejob

13 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

y89MN7.jpg

I might be converted 

Thank Gawd for that! Welcome to the land of "other (real) watches"  :drinks:  :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

y89MN7.jpg

I might be converted 

Great choice, and a departure from your norm it seems. My PADI isn't the turtle, but they are all good. :thumbsup:

Edited by Allthingsmustpass
  • Like 1

Looking good. I have solar powered PADI, they're great watches. As it happens, I swapped the bracelet for a red/white/blue strap, it looks cool. :blind:

Edited by ABaird3
Tyop

19 hours ago, Allthingsmustpass said:

Great choice, and a departure from your norm it seems. My PADI isn't the turtle, but they are all good. :thumbsup:

I must have lost my marbles, I went to a bit bigger Seiko AD for a look yesterday. 

This caught my eye, is it the same ?? 

https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/mens-prospex-special-edition-solar-padi-divers-watch-sne499p1-p12315

But as usual there was booze involved and I ended up with three hats and a stupidly expensive keyring instead. 

:huh:

3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

I must have lost my marbles, I went to a bit bigger Seiko AD for a look yesterday. 

This caught my eye, is it the same ?? 

https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/mens-prospex-special-edition-solar-padi-divers-watch-sne499p1-p12315

But as usual there was booze involved and I ended up with three hats and a stupidly expensive keyring instead. 

:huh:

NO, mine is nicknamed the "mini-turtle", can't (or can't be bothered to) remember Seiko's long moniker for it. 20180630_163532.jpg

PS: any keyring that isn't free is stupidly expensive. Massive and unreserved apologies to keyring collectors everywhere :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Well Done, you have been converted!  Really, really nice.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Allthingsmustpass said:

PS: any keyring that isn't free is stupidly expensive. Massive and unreserved apologies to keyring collectors everywhere :thumbs_up:

Fifty quid  !!!! 

:(

And don't even ask how that worked out

:laughing2dw: :laugh:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Fifty quid  !!!! 

:(

And don't even ask how that worked out

:laughing2dw: :laugh:

:sign_wtf: for a key ring!!! 

I’ve had cars that didn’t cost £50!!! :laughing2dw: