UK Watch Forum banner

Tapatalk

5K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  Chromejob 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Think I have this working again, you will need to un-follow and then follow again to reset the login keys.

Please advise if its working correctly again, thank you.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry, I was following the older thread. Checking now with Android version....

Marked "Unfollow." Then logged in, that enables "Follow." Notifications date from April 15. Nothing more recent.

Inbox shows message from 2d ago. Seems to be working.

Discussions, Unread => shows new threads. Seems to be working.

Discussions, Subscribed => shows new threads, including "Tapatalk" from July 03. Nothing more recent. Correction, the Tapatalk thread is top :sign_question: , then "IWC" in photography that I just posted in, and other threads from today with replies from just a minutes and hours ago. Seems to be working.

Discussions, Participated => shows new threads from as recent as 2m ago. Seems to be working.

Reactions: Roy
#5 ·
Same as above with a minute's check in Tapatalk/iOS (latest version).

And holy cats, Tapatalk now shows some of the forum emojis!
:clap:
:yes:
:yahoo:
:rltrlt:

Well, each on it's own line. :thumbsdown:
:thumbdown:

6f74303daa6c95dcc31617a6e1c700b0.png

#7 ·
Log out/Unfollow, then log in again. "Can't reply" (the option isn't there, right?) is a sign that the login isn't complete.

#9 ·
What kind of device. Might have to logout, then force close the app (remove it from "recent apps"), the relaunch and login. But I'm not confident that this is the issue.

Make sure you're on the lastest version of Tapatrash. (I've noticed the latest iOS version mungs displays of threads, and topic display, repeating items in a GroundHog Day way as I scroll. :thumbdown: )
iPhone 7+

ive tried everything you said. Even deleted Tapatalk and re downloaded it.

It just says "not enough permission to reply"

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Oh, Tapatalk. Broken in so many ways.I've only been using my Chromebook, and I noticed that no notifications were coming up in Tapatalk for this forum. So I tried it….

Went into TWF directly. No forums subscribed, so I re-subscribed to several forum sections. In Discussions, clicking Subscribed, "No results :(". Participated, "No topic." I only see forum posts in "Timeline." :sign_wtf: Browsing forums, I clicked Free Talk, and got "No results :( ." :mad0218:

I tried replying to a topic, and got "You don't have permission to do this."

Oh FFS, Tapatalk. I dunno, @Roy, if you're paying even the cost of a pint for Tapatalk, you're paying too much. This is just silly. They should be paying YOU for putting up with this.

Oh, and I clicked "Unread" and it showed a list of unread topics, which promptly disappeared, to be replaced with "No topic." :taz:

… I'm back to using Chrome or Firefox.

#14 ·
News flash: Same as reported earlier. Roy hasn't posted any updates from Tapatalk, so presumably still broken.

#17 ·
I wasn't posting to say the same thing, I was showing the problem I have which as Martin has kindly pointed out, no one else seems to be experiencing.

Tapatalk reply test with added photo... If this shows Tapatalk is working for me... 520329cc5e6d3666c6cb7b7c38154a4d.jpg

Like vintage watches? Check out my vintage watch blog on: martinzx.com
Thanks, I'm worried it's just me then.

Using an iPhone 7+, I've tried everything from unfollow, sign out , delete Tapatalk. Nothing works and it's really annoying as I solely use my phone for posting pictures.

Herss hoping an update will sort the issue.

Thanks all.

#23 ·
I imagine that if Roy sees the Tapatalk plug-in has an available update, he'll check it out, install it, and let us know to test it.

#29 ·
Just a suggestion, when you put replies into the same "quote box" with the message you're replying to, your replies don't really stand out. Looks like you've said nothing.

Put your replies BELOW the quote box. :yes: :thumbsup:

#32 ·
Has there been any further developments on this?

Would love Tapatalk to work on this forum as it makes browsing and posting much easier from the iPhone.
News flash: Tapatalk plug-in was updated and is now working.
:yes:

#33 ·
Now appears to be faulty after a forum software update. So, again, Roy has to wait on Tapatalk to update their plugin, mostly likely. Stand by……

x4MVDvOm.jpg

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
isn't working on my phone so its just a waiting game ? thanks and hope gets sorted soon
anyone any idea if tapatalk will start working again anytime soon ? or anyone else having issues ?
See above your post. :rolleyes: As mentioned many times before, it's entirely up to Tapatalk to update their plug-in to work with the latest forum server software. Roll a D20 for damage.

Reactions: Boots
#45 ·
Hey Roy, bloody computers, I've always had a phobia against them, resisted them in the 80's when the zx spectrum and commy 64 was coming in, then ended up as a 22 year old in 1995 with a need to use them for work. They never do work right. And anyone who tells you they understand them is either pretending or silly. Look what happened in the year 2000, nothing. Roll on brexit. Nothing will happen or change. Glad we have survived tapatalk gate. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.